Author Topic: a redo button  (Read 2543 times)

Torque can't handle a bunch of variables?

Besides, it could just store like the last 10 or so.(I find I only want to redo after I accidentally delete one more brick than I shouldve with undo)

Why the hell is everyone arguing with me, someone get Badspot in here.

He was the one who spoke of the Ctrl+Z limit. He can explain why keeping 20 variables for a single brick saved is impractical.

1: 1gb RAM is average. I have 512mb. Ok I had wrong on that one. But how much is 10 bricks? 1 kb?
2: Internet providers can be bitches on speed, plus considering routers. Do you mean that 56k modems is better?
3: Dual Processers my ass. What's wrong with dual processors?
4: Badspot talked about Ctrl+Z, not me. I'm saying that if Ctrl+Z has a limit of like 500, Ctrl+Y would probably cut down to, like, 10. How about 50?

Don't start stuff with me. You have to consider what TORQUE can handle, not your computer. If torque can handle a high quality game but not a few variables something must be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 07:51:47 AM by Svenne »

He was the one who spoke of the Ctrl+Z limit. He can explain why keeping 20 variables for a single brick saved is impractical.

...and fast internet...
I'm still using 56K Because I "Live in a hole" And any satellites could not reach the towers >_>

hey you dont have to go get your momy to save the day dude i was just asking if someone could get a redo button because ctrl z is friken anoying. but if you want blood brinf on the flameing!

Agree to the max.

I can;t believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Yuki.

I can;t believe I'm saying this, but I agree with Yuki.

lol that almost as hard to say as "i play roblox".

lol that almost as hard to say as "i play roblox".

It was hard to say

Everyone is arguing with you because you are wrong.

10x20 is 200 variables used to store 10 redo bricks(according to your logic). I don't see the issue.

Hell, I put in 812 lines of array data for one of my mods, and I never had any issues at all.

Besides you said yourself it would be cut down to "like 10", so I don't see the issue, as we're all fine with 10.

Beyond that, the only area where "20" variables would be used would be in redoing brick placement. Painting and such would take up far less data and be much more common.

Think about it this way. A noob spams bricks, applies events to them, etc etc.

The game must update the saved bricks info for each change, and for each brick. It would have to search the last 10 bricks to make sure it's saving events on one of them.

I can't explain all the problems, but like I said, what the hell is the point of saving so much data that may not be used. Especially since it'd need to update the data for brick changes.

Everyone is arguing with you because you are wrong.

10x20 is 200 variables used to store 10 redo bricks(according to your logic). I don't see the issue.

Hell, I put in 812 lines of array data for one of my mods, and I never had any issues at all.

Besides you said yourself it would be cut down to "like 10", so I don't see the issue, as we're all fine with 10.

Beyond that, the only area where "20" variables would be used would be in redoing brick placement. Painting and such would take up far less data and be much more common.

exactly i'd been fine with 1 redo even if it lagged alot i just dont want to rebuild everythign over again lol.

It wouldn't lag. As I stated, people may not use it, so it becomes useless data.

This would also have to be, in some part, done directly by Badspot. This is because the data must save from any changes, including wrenching, setting events, coloring, and printing. This could be done manually, but would be inefficient.

just do what photoshop does. only redo the last deletion. no need to bring back something you deleating 10 bricks ago. I think one is fine because the only real reason this was brought up is because of the accidental crtl+z problem. =\

It wouldn't lag. As I stated, people may not use it, so it becomes useless data.

This would also have to be, in some part, done directly by Badspot. This is because the data must save from any changes, including wrenching, setting events, coloring, and printing. This could be done manually, but would be inefficient.

dude this is why i brought this up is so we can be prepared so we dont have to rebuild 3-8 bricks.....lol