Poll

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Boss Battles - Six years...  (Read 1639214 times)

My main problem with the server right now is just how underpowered most of the classes weapons feel

Like you've got a large amount of weapons that just feel like peashooters and then you have a few select weapons that deal absurd amounts of damage to the boss (Gold Wrench, Knife, Energy Blade, Uber saw)

Really I feel like we need most of the weapons to actually feel like they're doing something and make the rest not able to crush the boss in a matter of seconds.

Uber saw
How does this do a heckload of damage? it only does like 100.

Anyway, when I first tried to fight in the volcano map, I sorta felt that way.

My main problem with the server right now is just how underpowered most of the classes weapons feel

Like you've got a large amount of weapons that just feel like peashooters and then you have a few select weapons that deal absurd amounts of damage to the boss (Gold Wrench, Knife, Energy Blade, Uber saw)

Really I feel like we need most of the weapons to actually feel like they're doing something and make the rest not able to crush the boss in a matter of seconds.

I kind of feel the same way about it. Don't forget the autocannon. However the
Uber saw

only does about 100 damage, 50 on Kaje. At low playercounts, any miniboss or just a simple competent overweight can destroy almost any boss. Once you start getting to about 12 or so, the runners and rocketmen come out, and unless you're able to dodge well, the knockback'll get you. After it gets to 18+ players, the boss starts to have so much health it's near impossible to kill them, unless it's like their first time as boss, or someone gets a lucky back/sword/wrenchstab. Especially Badspot, or Kaje.

The true problem with the server is something few would even suspect is happening, we have corrupt admins, making changes behind everyone's back, as far as I've known, nobody has changed anything in volcano but I suspect its only a matter of time before it starts happening again.

There's also an issue with the way we add admins to the server, the current application system is semi-corrupt as some people are passed simply because they are "cool" or more specifically because "I know him hes cool"its happened before and I want to bring this up again, due to the fact whenever these people are allowed as admins it eventually turns into these "corrupt" admins.

FYI this isn't about the recent problems of people changing the map, this has happened since the days of the bedroom, I just want to remind you guys we don't want to become like Tezuni's Servers, full of corrupt administration(At least we don't have the stuffty moderator addon) the bedroom days where more out of hand, admins had custom bosses that where unfair to non-admins, music room was a huge problem, some normals where causing exploits.

Now, what happens when the irresponsible/corrupt admins become "Bored"? So far, they start doing "custom" Boss Battles, giving items to players and making the battle more "intense", building on the server?(I thought you needed trust for that?)

So I'm trying to catch the corrupt admins in the act but, as soon as I join the server it announces it to the world and whoever is doing something stops and reverses any changes made, and even though I encourage people on the server to screen cap any corrupt admins in the act, nobody does it.

I'm not accusing anyone because I don't have any proof, but I just want to make sure people are aware this is happening and hopefully more admins are on watch now.

Back then I used to be very corrupted. It is very rare if I become corrupted, but it doesn't last long.

The true problem with the server is something few would even suspect is happening, we have corrupt admins, making changes behind everyone's back, as far as I've known, nobody has changed anything in volcano but I suspect its only a matter of time before it starts happening again.
I highly doubt this is "the true problem with the server". Boss Battles has a history of admins being allowed to change the map. And no changes are "behind everyone's back".

There's also an issue with the way we add admins to the server, the current application system is semi-corrupt as some people are passed simply because they are "cool" or more specifically because "I know him hes cool"its happened before and I want to bring this up again, due to the fact whenever these people are allowed as admins it eventually turns into these "corrupt" admins.
People who play frequently on the server are more likely to know the server rules, and will generally be on the server a lot more often than players that don't. Also, what is wrong with getting to know a person before voting yes on their admin application?

Now, what happens when the irresponsible/corrupt admins become "Bored"? So far, they start doing "custom" Boss Battles, giving items to players and making the battle more "intense", building on the server?(I thought you needed trust for that?)
The only person that I have ever seen doing this is Jetz, I am beginning to think you are running out of ways to call us corrupt. And what is up with you and admins building on the server?

So I'm trying to catch the corrupt admins in the act but, as soon as I join the server it announces it to the world and whoever is doing something stops and reverses any changes made, and even though I encourage people on the server to screen cap any corrupt admins in the act, nobody does it.
Unless there is some random admin that I have never met that secretly plays the server when I'm not on, I really doubt anyone does this. So there is nothing to screen cap.

I'm not accusing anyone because I don't have any proof, but I just want to make sure people are aware this is happening and hopefully more admins are on watch now.
Where are you even getting your facts? It seems to me you are pulling a bunch of stuff out of your ass.

I highly doubt this is "the true problem with the server". Boss Battles has a history of admins being allowed to change the map. And no changes are "behind everyone's back".
People who play frequently on the server are more likely to know the server rules, and will generally be on the server a lot more often than players that don't. Also, what is wrong with getting to know a person before voting yes on their admin application?
The only person that I have ever seen doing this is Jetz, I am beginning to think you are running out of ways to call us corrupt. And what is up with you and admins building on the server?
Unless there is some random admin that I have never met that secretly plays the server when I'm not on, I really doubt anyone does this. So there is nothing to screen cap.
Where are you even getting your facts? It seems to me you are pulling a bunch of stuff out of your ass.
Maybe I went too far with this, I just was being cautious, well too cautious, also these events do not happen often.

Also I never called you corrupt Aware, If you misunderstood then I had no intention of doing so, also when I spoke about building on the server I meant things that are irrelevant to Boss Battles, In my opinion things unrelated to boss battles should be built in either someone else's server or in a singleplayer server.

No reason to get to mad Aware, I never even meant to call you out like that, and about pulling stuff out of my ass, I knew someone would eventually say something as similar to no pics = no proof, I should of waited posting that until I had proof, or just kept the discussion private.

Anyways If we keep this useless fighting ongoing were going nowhere.

This thread has entered mode: Reading Simulator 2014.

Its Doofka

Gah, I forgot the name of our Goldfish Shark

Also I never called you corrupt Aware, If you misunderstood then I had no intention of doing so, also when I spoke about building on the server I meant things that are irrelevant to Boss Battles, In my opinion things unrelated to boss battles should be built in either someone else's server or in a singleplayer server.
The problem that I have is that you use the word "admins" implying that there may be more than one, and considering that I communicate with most of the admins daily, I actually like them. So when you start calling them corrupt with false accusations I get a little upset. And I really didn't take this as you calling me corrupt.

No reason to get to mad Aware
I didn't really mean to come off as "mad".

This thread has entered mode: Reading Simulator 2014.
tl;dr ZERØ is be paranoid about corrupt admins
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:58:48 PM by Aware »

The problem that I have is that you use the word "admins" implying that there may be more than one, and considering that I communicate with most of the admins daily, I actually like them. So when you start calling them corrupt with false accusations I get a little upset. And I really didn't take this as you calling me corrupt.
I didn't really mean to come off as "mad".

tl;dr ZERØ is be paranoid about corrupt admins
Its kind of a fear for me, It would be horrible or a nightmare to have the server be like Tezuni's, I guess a have to stop being to paranoid about it.

Edit: the S on admins was probably a typo or I didn't preview it enough to notice it.

Why is medic getting nerfed again, like really

If you're talking about my recent update to it, that's more of a system change than a direct nerf.
It makes the medic heal someone slower if the person they're healing has just been injured, but much faster than it healed before if they haven't been injured for a while.

If you're talking about my recent update to it, that's more of a system change than a direct nerf.
It makes the medic heal someone slower if the person they're healing has just been injured, but much faster than it healed before if they haven't been injured for a while.
I like how the color of the current health shifts depending on its count
But it's slower when you heal another Healer. And it takes half a minute to raise Oktoberfest's health by one point of health