Author Topic: TINGE: OR HOW I STOPPED USING LOWERCASE AND LOVED CRUISE CONTROL  (Read 6137 times)

Oh yeah?! I'm an adventure veteran too! I made 5 adventures! BEAT THAT TINGALZ! But they only lasted 5 pages... Yeah...

Oh yeah?! I'm an adventure veteran too! I made 5 adventures! BEAT THAT TINGALZ! But they only lasted 5 pages... Yeah...

This one's at four, we're almost there. :cookieMonster:

Anyways progress on next update is roughly 1/2 done, just need to finish the images and think of a way to incorperate her into the storyline.
I haven't come down with Ace syndrome yet. c:

Sorry for the late update.

Anyways,

This person is wow that's quite a selection of guns

Sheesh, there's even a grenade launcher and a RPG. Is that even legal?!

Ok sorry

This is Alex, a young woman of 23 who does gun repair, part creation and modification.
She is also a huuuuuuge gun enthusiast who owns just about every gun out there.

Didn't see that comming, did you?

Anyways, her friend Evan came up here earlier asking for a gun so he could "kill the thief who took [his] soundboard". She oblidged and gave him a 9mm handgun, which he accepted. The brief discussion also reminded her about how she lost her soccer ball a while back. She's not really that upset but she thinks the adventure would be fun, so she was all "Well why the hell not?".
She wants to go along, however she needs a weapon.

You can choose from the weapons on the wall because she does not currently possess any imagination ingots.

Choose a weapon.

Can't you turn the guns into imagination ingots?

Can't you turn the guns into imagination ingots?

These imagination ingots work a bit differently from Menen's Milkshake, only things originaly created from ingots or all parts were made from ingots can be separated.
These guns are legit 100% factory-made so they cannot be separated.

These imagination ingots work a bit differently from Menen's Milkshake
more like "this is almost completely different in everything but name"
you weren't even around for msmm

you weren't even around for msmm

Quote from: MSMM
November 27, 2010

Quote from: My Original Profile
July 02, 2010

I just never participated, simply spectated.

Since nobody but Legodude has suggested a weapon,

Bam.
Tactical 9mm handgun all up in da hood.

The good news is, Evan's handgun can use the same ammunition source as well as accept the flashlight attachment.

Also, Alex grabs 5 extra Magazines for extra ammunition.

OP now has inventories to show what each character has in their inventories.

Everyone else, meet at alex's house because he obviously has the most supplies and junk

I just never participated, simply spectated.
You seem to have missed the point then, the fact that you started the adventure off with a wall full of firearms is a worrying indication. MSMM was about HIGH ADVENTURE and IMAGINATION, not TACTICOOL GUNZ. Combat was not a major part of the story and characters were introduced as the plot progressed instead of being crammed down your throat before it even gets going.

I have no issues with you making a forum adventure like this, but setting it in the same "world" as Menen's Search for etc. while getting rid of everything that made MSMM interesting is just insulting to the original, and it looks like you're simply stealing the other setting because you lack the creativity to create your own.

Everyone else, meet at alex's house because he obviously has the most supplies and junk

Alex is a she, and she's already going to join them in the next update when we move out to the elven forest.

You seem to have missed the point then, the fact that you started the adventure off with a wall full of firearms is a worrying indication. MSMM was about HIGH ADVENTURE and IMAGINATION, not TACTICOOL GUNZ. Combat was not a major part of the story and characters were introduced as the plot progressed instead of being crammed down your throat before it even gets going.

I have no issues with you making a forum adventure like this, but setting it in the same "world" as Menen's Search for etc. while getting rid of everything that made MSMM interesting is just insulting to the original, and it looks like you're simply stealing the other setting because you lack the creativity to create your own.

1. Combat requires a weapon. Everyone has only one weapon so far. There hasen't even BEEN any combat yet and even then it's only a 'part of life' kinda thing which doesn't affect the storyline much other then being cool with jumps and flips and stuff.

2. Only 3 of 6 characters have been introduced so far. The next 3 are introduced quite a bit later, and this is not a 1 person adventure. It's ment to introduce the characters at the beginning because they are MAIN characters and is oriented around multiple characters and the power of teamwork and whatnot.

3. I've hardly even started this, and everyone is only getting prepared for the interesting stuff to come. There will be more locations and such.

4. I have created my own settings for stuff (District 507, Universia, other stuff I haven't talked about much) but they're all depressing and full of fridge horror which is a large part of my settings. MSMM had a humorus setting so I thought, "why not use it?".
Plus originaly it wasn't ment to be a huge part of the story but I got a little carried away. After the elf forest we'll switch to a new map or something with new places because I'm not sure I like all this either and I would prefer original locations.

And with the tacticool firearms thing, none of the characters except for Alex were ment to have a firearm in the original plan, and even then Alex would rarely use it. It's what the users here chose for their weapons, not me.

So just bear with me and everything will smooth out, this is my first adventure and I'm trying to hammer out the dents and make something original, funny and cool.

"first adventure"
I don't think so?

"first adventure"
I don't think so?

As far as I can remember this is the first adventure I have made.

Anyways, I got something wrong in my post; I gave Evan a gun so I screwed up too.

Also I've been thinking lately, I made this because I wanted to make a cool adventure and stuff because I thought it would be fun, but I've been so caught up with tripping over myself and messing alot of stuff up that I've been ignorant of my mistakes and sending this on a crash course to failure.

I might remake this later when I'm more experienced in storytelling, but for now I think I'm going to lock this.
Sorry for dissapointing those who wanted this to continue, I just think I should think this through next time and really be more prepared.