Author Topic: So I went to see Sinister earlier this night.  (Read 1066 times)

Paranormal activity is a loving bad film, all it is cameras watching someone. It's Halloween now so most horror films are being realised. My best horror films is the shining and the Blair witch project, both are scary
I think the last movie that genuinely scared me was Mirrors.

I watched it earlier tonight too...

maybe we watched it together

But it was a great movie and verrrry creepy with a deep backstory

I am very intrigued with this Buhguul character and I wish they talked more about him
says in your profile you live in arizona, I'm in texas.

And i think they explained the buhguul character just enough. any more and it might have been too unrealistic or ruined the movie

I would have to agree.
The internet has completely desensitised me to gore.

I just dont like jump scares because they take next to no effort.
nope
blood is always good

movies dont scare me anymore

blood is lol

the last movie that scared me was Insidious

sinister wasn't scary at all

also

Has anyone seen The Woman in Black? I thought it was great, had the perfect amount of suspense and it was very original and unpredictable.

I dont watch horror movies anymore because they're all stuff and rely way too much on jump scares.
All of my thoughts.

I liked movies like Halloween and The Thing because more than half of the movie is about the creepiness. In The Thing, there are very few jump scares. It's scary because of the fact that 'The Thing' could be anyone. You don't know who is going to jump out and eat you. Like the part where three of the men are outside in the blizzard and one says "I want to check my cabin" the other asks "What for?" "Because I didn't leave my light on when I left yesterday."

It's creepy not because you are always getting ready for the next jump scare, but because of the fact that you don't know what is going to happen next.

Has anyone seen The Woman in Black? I thought it was great, had the perfect amount of suspense and it was very original and unpredictable.
Funny because I watched it last night.
I didnt like it. It was too predictable.
Spoilers, I guess: The part in the end when the boy started walking towards the train, I saw that coming from a mile away.

i hated it. The ending was stupid

the woman in black isn't scary what so ever, the film is a horror film till that guy gets out of the mansion and then it turns into a drama film