Author Topic: uncle won't let me work on computer  (Read 791 times)

so my uncle told me he's going to by me a gaming pc for my birthday. his buddy at work has been using it for a few years to well.. play games. i asked the guy the specs, and it's a little under bearing, and i asked my uncle if i could put a new gpu in it, and he said he doesn't want me to touch it inside because it's "water cooled" (it has a loving corsair h60). the only guy that can touch the inside is the guy who put it together. he's seen me work on computers and replace parts many times, but yet he doesn't want me to work on this one. how do i convince him to let me work on it?

By earning enough money to buy one for yourself.

all I can say is work on it when hes not there.

don't screw up tho or you're in deep doo doo

all I can say is work on it when hes not there.

don't screw up tho or you're in deep doo doo
Yeah, you could try to prove to him that you can build and work on computers.

tell the guy who he got it from, go to his place, act like he did the upgrades, then go back home.
or
go outside and pretend to go to the komputer shoppe, do the upgrades, act like the seller did the upgrades, then go back home to jerk your dingaling
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:50:58 AM by Refticus »

tell the guy who got it from, go to his place, act like he did the upgrades, then go back home.
Not a bad idea actually

Why do you feel the need to mess around with it?  If anything, you should respect your uncle's decision by not fiddling with the internals instead of being defiant.

Why do you feel the need to mess around with it?  If anything, you should respect your uncle's decision by not fiddling with the internals instead of being defiant.

yeah but the problem is his uncle doesn't understand the fact that an H60 isnt the same as this:

It's your birthday present and therefore your PC. Replace the GPU as you please.

By earning enough money to buy one for yourself.

nobody will hire me, so i'm forgeted on that front

Why do you feel the need to mess around with it?  If anything, you should respect your uncle's decision by not fiddling with the internals instead of being defiant.

the gpu is a gtx 460, and i plan on buying a gtx 970 soon after. he knows i'm good with computers, i put many different parts in his computer and my grandma's.

yeah but the problem is his uncle doesn't understand the fact that an H60 isnt the same as this:

dude thats rad it looks like something outta star trek

uh if he gives you it then it's yours
there's not really anything he can do about it if you upgrade it?