Author Topic: RTB Dedicated Hosting Service - Service Closing  (Read 257932 times)

noedit: Did anyone else notice how Ephi isn't a Global Moderator anymore?
Ephi had complete communication with Badspot, but then Ephi just goes like "forget you for not making any good updates"

so why is this in drama
there is literally no conflict in here other than "oh no that's sad"
also why did ephialtes get de-modded

someone's contributions to your game does not affect their moderating skill

Perhaps he resigned?

most likely an argument outside of the rtb

so why is this in drama
there is literally no conflict in here other than "oh no that's sad"

It was moved here because of your latest post

I'm not surprised that the game seems to be dying. If Badspot would actually update the game with new content it would definitely keep the community active.
Just look at any other popular indie game, they update all the time. I know it's not a fair comparison because most of them have companies or are on newer engines, but I'm sure Badspot could update this game is he wanted to.

most likely an argument outside of the rtb
nah
ephi just got tired of badspots stuff so he decided to leave, its been a long time coming
i dont understand why badspot would say no to someone offering to develop free community services, though
besides, ephi is making huge dosh now, so he doesnt have time for us teenagers :cookieMonster:

In all honestly I'm happy ephi decided to leave so he can focus on more important things than this.
also with RTB closing Badspot may push out updates a little bit faster so....

could it be bad spot was wanting to discourage people from giving their keys to anyone? even if its a community trusted service, its a bad habit to suggest to new people that they should be doing so.

I think anyone who pops up a new hosting service better have an alternative plan to work around that. hosting only for non steam users will not make for a good service.

could it be bad spot was wanting to discourage people from giving their keys to anyone? even if its a community trusted service, its a bad habit to suggest to new people that they should be doing so.

I think anyone who pops up a new hosting service better have an alternative plan to work around that. hosting only for non steam users will not make for a good service.
Not really possible without a key.

Here's the real story:

Kalphiter and Ephialtes were soul mates, but they denied it to themselves, each other, and the community. They were afraid to confess their feelings to themselves and each other.
Ephialtes did not realize this until it was too late.
One day, Bisjac was babysitting Badspot's children. However, in a horrific accident, Kaphost, lead by Kalphiter, seized Bisjac's computer momentarily long enough to execute Badspot's first born. Badspot was in a rage, and banned Kalphiter.
Without Kalphiter, Ephialtes felt like there was no more reason to stay in Blockland. No more reason to continue competing with Kalphiter with his RTB service.
He goes into the depths of the internet, to search for Kalphiter, to compete once more.