Author Topic: Avatar isn't working  (Read 1082 times)

Can someone figure out why this isn't uploading? It has the usual error message.

Complete GIF:

Frames:

to big? to small? idk cus i dont know how to make one

I'm pretty sure it's too small. 56 x 72 is what it is

to big? to small? idk cus i dont know how to make one
then why post
I'm pretty sure it's too small. 56 x 72 is what it is
it can't be "too small"

What error does it give?

The problem could be that it hides some metadata.
Try creating the gif with a different program.

what did you use to make the gif?

I've been having the same problem with gifs not uploading as avatars, so the sooner this gets solved the better.

56 x 72 (current):

75 x 75:

the background's forgeted up sorry about that
plus i only did one frame
it's just not the right size

it's just not the right size
this is completely incorrect

the MAXIMUM size is 75x75 for an avatar, and even if you upload a large picture it will scale it down to 75x75 (although it wont look good)
the real issue is that the version of smf blockland forum runs on has a stuffty false positive threat detection system, and it will think that certain data in images are actually malicious exploits trying to attack the forum

your easiest option is to just change small aspects of the image like cut off a row or column of pixels or add a row or column of pixels to shift some data around in the image, shift the colors slightly, these arent exact sciences but it can result in your image being accepted

the more reliable method is to get some sort of image editor that doesnt or has the option not to save meta data in the image
sometimes its not always an issue of the meta data and this stupid forum stuff is actually just forgeted