Poll

Well?

YOO-NO
11 (7.2%)
OO-NO
142 (92.8%)

Total Members Voted: 153

Author Topic: Is UNO pronounced YOO-NO or OO-NO  (Read 15870 times)

basically this.

If you say "you-no" than you're wrong and should feel wrong and also should go in a hole and die take a nap.

The problem is defending an "opinion" with zero basis for support or evidence.

If the marketing guys were pronouncing it "You-Know", then clearly that's the way it's said. I think they know more than you do, you know?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D54BEl5dgDE

They "Do-Know" more than "You-Know".

oo-no because it's loving spanish holy stuff

Like Eksi said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uno_%28card_game%29
Uno (/ˈuːnoʊ/; from Italian and Spanish for 'one') is an American card game

Besides the fact that the pronunciation is right there, it's also an American game. The title of it should follow American pronunciation (or more specifically, the appropriated Italian/Spanish pronunciation).

It's like pronouncing the German 'die' as 'die' just because "I speak English and in America/England we pronounce it 'die'!". You don't. You pronounce something as it is pronounced in the language it comes from.

Thank you, everybody, for agreeing with me that the correct pronunciation is "You-Know". I was worried that this website was full of people who didn't know how to speak correctly.

oo-no because it's loving spanish holy stuff

seriously. i learned this in like elementary school

Like Eksi said:

Besides the fact that the pronunciation is right there, it's also an American game. The title of it should follow American pronunciation (or more specifically, the appropriated Italian/Spanish pronunciation).

It's like pronouncing the German 'die' as 'die' just because "I speak English and in America/England we pronounce it 'die'!". You don't. You pronounce something as it is pronounced in the language it comes from.
wikipedia isn't always trustworthy but ok

did your middleschool teacher tell you that

did your middleschool teacher tell you that
no but it's a pretty valid point
anyone can edit it
have you ever actually interacted with the neckbeards who edit there
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:49:54 AM by Eon »

okay, but alt is still right

no but it's a pretty valid point
anyone can edit it through an approval process that still requires citation.
have you ever actually interacted with the neckbeards who edit there

Ftfy