Author Topic: 2012/02/05 - Shadows and Shaders vs. Interiors and Terrain [Fan Art Too]  (Read 431525 times)

-snip-
So much win!
But the truth. We'll follow you wherever you take BL, Kompressor.

So much win!
But the truth. We'll follow you wherever you take BL, Kompressor.

Amen.

Maybe when this update comes out there should be a new forum section for brick-built maps and terrain.

Maybe when this update comes out there should be a new forum section for brick-built maps and terrain.
A Build Saves forum

So uh when is this update going to happen ?

I believe that it would look weird in Blockland if the bricks we wanted to be grass or dirt or something would be very shiny from some light source. Would there be anyway to give bricks an option to have that sort of shininess or will it always look weird, no matter what?

I believe that it would look weird in Blockland if the bricks we wanted to be grass or dirt or something would be very shiny from some light source. Would there be anyway to give bricks an option to have that sort of shininess or will it always look weird, no matter what?

You can disable it if you like, it's client-sided.

The only thing that I will not like so much is the amount of glare/shine that comes off of bricks in direct light. Will there be a way to reduce light reflection? Or will we just have a big ON/OFF button?

Also, does this mean we will be getting a Terrain Brick Pack to emulate map terrain without upping the brick count? Or will that remain up to the players to make?

The only thing that I will not like so much is the amount of glare/shine that comes off of bricks in direct light. Will there be a way to reduce light reflection? Or will we just have a big ON/OFF button?
I think Kompressor said he's gonna lower the brightness of the shine

How much will we be able to utilize these new features through script? Will we be able to develop cool new effects as parts of our add-ons, or will it be like brick physics, with no way to influence it from the server?

I think it needs something like the Garry's Mod post processing dialog that would allow one to adjust the shadow setting in real time.

That would be cool. -- kompressor
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:09:56 PM by kompressor »

Will sun shining on dust/smoke light it up a little? Because that would be cool having one source of sunlight streaming into a cave, seeing dust floating around.