Poll

?

84 (71.2%)
34 (28.8%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Author Topic: Slayer  (Read 209526 times)

How does the Seek and Destroy gamemode work? I can't seem to get it to work right.
It's the trickiest one to set up.

1) Place spawns. You can either use normal team spawns OR use the attacker/defender spawns.
2) Place the Bomb brick.
3) Create your teams. If you have the Random Defense option on, a random team will be chosen each round as defenders (this is where attacker/defender spawns come in handy). If you don't, the first team you create will be the defenders.
4) Start/reset minigame

New poll, please vote!

OnMinigamereset works fine for me.

Some people vote no but don't post details...

Also, I just realized that a number of users are still running very outdated versions, namely v2.5 and v3.0 Beta. This was due to a slight discrepancy in the update system, which should be resolved now. I also remotely added some nag notifications telling people to update.

Right, I have finally got back on track with the Crumbling Stage gamemode I am working on and inside the MapCycle.cs which I am working on, I seem to be getting a huge problem with how it echo's. For example when the slayer ends the round it'll clear all the bricks and it'll find the next file, but the problem is that it only finds the same file it loaded last time.

if(ClientGroup.getCount() <= 5)
   {
      announce("\c3Loading a map for the Player Count of 5 or under.");
      if( !%file $="" )
      {
         %file = findNextFile("saves/CStages/5/*/*.bls");
      }
      else
      {
         %file = findFirstFile("saves/CStages/5/*/*.bls");
      }         
      announce(%file @ " has been selected."); //debug
   }

but i have been suggested to use for statements, but that'd be stupid

for(%file = FindFirstFile("saves/Cstages/5/*/*.bls") ; !%file = "" ; %file = findNextFile("saves/CStages/5/*/*.bls") {
Announce(%file); //i figured this was stupid
}

I have had thoughts that it'd be to do with the global and local variable thing, but yet I am still unsure.

I have not touched this since 2 weeks ago at the most, i should be putting this in Coding Help but since you're working on a mapcycle add-on, i thought it'd be relevant.

EDIT:
Changed the variable to global, it still gave me the same outcome.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:48:06 PM by Wordy »

Are there any functions to make it easier for others to make slayer gamemodes? Never mind, I found the link.

Another Edit: In the Adding Gamemodes section you forgot a ( in if$Slayer::Server::Dependencies::Gamemodes)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:57:19 AM by jes00 »

What function you use to load a save file?

Also
OnMinigameReset does nothing >:c

How would I get a team's color?

OnMingameReset isn't working for me either. Not really much details I can give other that the events with that trigger do nothing...

Maybe you should make your own that comes with slayer?

Is there a king of the hill alternative for slayer? Sorry I haven't read up very much :/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:36:44 PM by Mr.jacksaunt »

Is there a king of the hill alternative for slayer? Sorry I haven't read up very much :/
Use the capture point, set one neutral one, and set the time of capture till win.

How would I get a team's color?
%team.color - this is the team's colorID
%team.colorHex - team color in hex format
%team.colorRGB - team color in rgb format

OnMingameReset isn't working for me either. Not really much details I can give other that the events with that trigger do nothing...

Maybe you should make your own that comes with slayer?
Does this only happen at certain times? As in, does it only happen when it resets automatically? Or when you reset the minigame manually?

No, but you can make your own pretty easily. The best way to do it would be to use the Territory gamemode in Domination mode.
This is for teams:
1) Place a single CP
2) Put the Territory gamemode into Domination mode.
3) The team to control it longest will win.

I would like to have an actual gamemode for it eventually.. Anyone want to make one?

It sounds unnecessary, since the functionality that makes KOTH unique is already inside Territory.

What would be good is the team tickets. oh silly me I forgot its released
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:30:50 PM by Conan »

OnMinigameReset seems to not work in all circumstances.

What would be good is the team tickets.
Already released: http://forum.returntoblockland.com/dlm/viewFile.php?id=4150

OnMinigameReset seems to not work in all circumstances.
Hm :/ Can you give me details about it? What kind of server? SP, LAN, internet, dedi?