Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5915611 times)

well, sand fell, sand is easy to pick up, use that to pillar?

well, sand fell, sand is easy to pick up, use that to pillar?
I was walking up the cavern because near the top of it it was light.
Turns out it was Lava.

HSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

They don't deserve to host because A) their router doesn't support port forwarding (there are some that don't) or B) their parents refuse to let them do it or C) it's too complicated?

Hamachi may be a nuisance but it's not that big of a deal. The people that use Hamachi aren't at fault, they are just trying a last attempt to enjoy a computer game online. Grow the forget up and ignore the posts they make about it.

This, THIS RIGHT loving HERE
Had like 7 people on my hamachi and they were amazed how it is completely lag-free, hamachi seems to work better than hosting via internet. Also port-forwarding is not always possible, I can port forward in 3 seconds flat but it won't work on my internet anymore, it used to, but the ISP changed how it works and we would have to pay a lot more to be able to do it. I currently have 14 people on my hamachi even though I have no servers up.
Bolded: It was loving amazing.
Underlined: Um.... You kinda are hosting over the internet, but its a bit more direct I think.

"EVRY1 JOIN TESTE SERVAR ON HAMACHIIIIII

IT AWSOM"

No

If you don't know already, hamachi directly links players to your COMPUTER

If they know what they're doing, they can get important files and get away with it

They can only withdraw files if you have your windows LAN share settings on. It's turned off by default.
Hosting any sort of server over the internet links players to your computer.

They can only withdraw files if you have your windows LAN share settings on. It's turned off by default.
Hosting any sort of server over the internet links players to your computer.
But I heard that hamachi sets the settings off and keeps them off

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'll just be hosing on my IP

You heard wrong. And yes you host on your IP. Your IP address is what it says, an address. People connect through open ports in your computer. Every time you host a server, if your ports are forwarded, people can connect to your computer via your IP and those ports. Every time someone connects to your game server, no matter what multi-player online game it is, they are connecting directly to your computer.

Minecraft - Moar Like Blockcraft. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1021&t=109652

Why studs on side :/ I am guessing blocks only use 1 texture and put it on all 4 sides besides grass blocks? Or did he just think studs on the sides were a good idea?

The water mob will obviously be a normal fish , not because Notch can't do better , but to annoy  and troll everyone that tought it'd be something cool.

Why studs on side :/ I am guessing blocks only use 1 texture and put it on all 4 sides besides grass blocks? Or did he just think studs on the sides were a good idea?
Blocks use the same texture for all sides, with the exception of furnaces and some other stuff.

Yes, and blocks can be placed on the X Z axis so that would make sense too... well that was teh first explanation that came to me anyways.

If the water mob stays underwater, you can't fish for it with your fishing rod. ;_;

I bet the sea monster will be a under water blue ghast that fires bubbles or shocks stuff.