Author Topic: EA has shut down Maxis.  (Read 5361 times)

don't worry daswiruch!

they'll just pump and dump several sequels to it of extremely low quality!
introducing spore 15
now with extra alien dong physics
and better (and by better we mean stufftier) city building

Seriously? Maxis cranked out some of the best games ever made, including one of the best selling PC video games of all time, The Sims 3. EA deserves its title as the one of the worst companies ever created.

Has nobody noticed that Maxis is still alive, they just consolidated their primary studio into their other studios? The article specifically says that Maxis still exists as a company and this closure doesn't affect any of their products. The only people who should care about this are people who worked or work at that studio.

Has nobody noticed that Maxis is still alive, they just consolidated their primary studio into their other studios? The article specifically says that Maxis still exists as a company and this closure doesn't affect any of their products. The only people who should care about this are people who worked or work at that studio.
There are so many things wrong in your post.

There are so many things wrong in your post.

Quote from: http://kotaku.com/ea-shuts-down-simcity-developer-maxis-1689454903
EA has shut down Maxis Emeryville, the main Maxis studio and longrunning developer behind SimCity and Spore, among other games. Though the Maxis brand will carry on, the studio that most people knew as "Maxis" is no more.

"Today we are consolidating Maxis IP development to our studios in Redwood Shores, Salt Lake City, Helsinki and Melbourne locations as we close our Emeryville location," an EA representative said in a statement.

Quote from: EA
Maxis continues to support and develop new experiences for current Sims and SimCity players, while expanding our franchises to new platforms and developing new cross-platform IP.

It makes me sad that Trinick is apparently the only person in this topic so far who actually comprehended this. That said, hopefully most of the devs will remain onboard Maxis in other locations to keep Maxis stuff being nifty.

rip chances at spore 2
Are you kidding me? They dropped support for Spore at least five years ago. In fact, there's been at least a dozen game-breaking bugs that remain unfixed to this day. The Bot Parts Pack (Patch 1.06 which can only now be obtained via piracy because it was a limited-time Dr. Pepper promo never made available outside the-States-sans-Maine) has a mouth that can cause a crash because it allows you to enter Creature stage's "learn to socialize" tutorial with no social skills at all. If you delete a creature from your sporepedia, any Wildlife Sanctuary planets containing that creature will crash upon entry to the planet view. If you have Galactic Adventures and you use the Holographic Scout, your entire empire is overwritten with your GA captain's species. Sometimes the ocean and the land values get swapped upon starting Creature Stage for no apparent reason, requiring you to delete the world and start over. This is just what I remember off-hand.

Are you kidding me? They dropped support for Spore at least five years ago. In fact, there's been at least a dozen game-breaking bugs that remain unfixed to this day. The Bot Parts Pack (Patch 1.06 which can only now be obtained via piracy because it was a limited-time Dr. Pepper promo never made available outside the-States-sans-Maine) has a mouth that can cause a crash because it allows you to enter Creature stage's "learn to socialize" tutorial with no social skills at all. If you delete a creature from your sporepedia, any Wildlife Sanctuary planets containing that creature will crash upon entry to the planet view. If you have Galactic Adventures and you use the Holographic Scout, your entire empire is overwritten with your GA captain's species. Sometimes the ocean and the land values get swapped upon starting Creature Stage for no apparent reason, requiring you to delete the world and start over. This is just what I remember off-hand.
please reread my post

please reread my post
I know. It's just that if they can't handle keeping Spore functioning, I doubt they'd bother making a sequel. They more or less stopped caring.

Maxis is still alive
Maxis still exists as a company
Though the Maxis brand will carry on, the studio that most people knew as "Maxis" is no more.
The Maxis studio, is being shutdown.

they just consolidated their primary studio into their other studios
"Today we are consolidating Maxis IP development to our studios in Redwood Shores, Salt Lake City, Helsinki and Melbourne locations as we close our Emeryville location," an EA representative said in a statement.
In other words, stuff Emeryville was working on, is now going to be worked on at other studios that EA owns. They aren't taking Maxis Emeryville employees and moving them around. That being said, they're offering them the chance to retain their EA jobs, however I can't say how many are taking or actually being offered that chance.

The only people who should care about this are people who worked or work at that studio.
Sorry for caring too much.

It makes me sad that Trinick is apparently the only person in this topic so far who actually comprehended this.
Sure.

well that sucks

hopefully the new devs know what they're doing jesus christ

esp after that "there will be no sims 5 if sims 4 isn't successful" comment ages ago but i don't even know about if that was from someone directly involved with ea

well that sucks

hopefully the new devs know what they're doing jesus christ

esp after that "there will be no sims 5 if sims 4 isn't successful" comment ages ago but i don't even know about if that was from someone directly involved with ea
The Sims Studio is not being shut down. Maxis Emeryville is being shut down.

Take back Spore.
Make it as you once saw it.

For great justice.

All posts from 3/5/15 or before are now deleted.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 06:19:12 PM by Xhozer »