Poll

Realistic lighting or fun?

Realistic lighting + less fun
Moar fun

Author Topic: Blockland v20 + V21  (Read 27094 times)

i don't think that's how it works  :cookieMonster:
It works like that, master server knows that version you have.

"version too old" error messages, anyone? Version even used to be a field on the master list until it was removed for some reason.

It works like that, master server knows that version you have.

"version too old" error messages, anyone? Version even used to be a field on the master list until it was removed for some reason.
that's not really what i meant

i was referring more to the notion of 'putting a virus on the master server'

I saw those pictures of shadows and shaders on slopes.

And I have just been wondering...

Couldn't you just change the lighting?

I saw those pictures of shadows and shaders on slopes.

And I have just been wondering...

Couldn't you just change the lighting?
No the lighting and terrain would not mix well, Blockland is a small team and they can't throw money in the fan and get new crap.
How are they biased? Explain.
Because it's a 2/3 vote. 2 options is 'Keep v20' and one is 'get rid of v20' Except that 'Get rid of v20' has like x6 more votes then both your 'keep v20' combines.
And again, your opinion/suggestions don't matter at all, stop asking, stop trying, you're not getting anywhere. You're like trying to stop the moon from circling around earth.

im pretty sure earlier the options didn't allow you to say not say keep the old versions

I don't get why people even waste their time with these things, even if everyone in the poll said they didn't want v21 and even if Badspot actually saw it what do you think would happen?
"these people clicked on the poll and said no so ill just go ahead and throw away the last few months of work"
No.

im pretty sure earlier the options didn't allow you to say not say keep the old versions

Nope, you just read them wrong.

You dense pile of loving stuff, V21 is for the better of blockland so it's easier to add more features to the game. Also, even if this idea was made, it would split the entire community in half with your "Do you want to play a messy coded loving terrain version of the game or a better version" idea. There would be different servers and less people on the same one. Is change an alien concept to you?

Terrain isn't that great. Interiors all sucked and serve as nothing but a center of nostalgia. Shadows look amazing, DO WANT.

Why on Earth would any developer break up versions of his software? Yeah, incompatibility and inconsistency is a great idea so we can tend for the few people who refuse to move on. :I

Too bad. I doubt very much there will be a separate v20 for the people who want to keep interiors and terrains. So you can either deal with it, or if you hate it that much you can leave so we won't have to listen to you constantly whine about how "This isn't Blockland anymore, Blockland died when we lost interiors and terrains!"

I think if you truely don't want V21, you can play Blockland from offline and never update.
all the fun there.

"v21 is too mainstream. Eric should just waste his time and make a separate version of the game that will make many inconsistencies and problems."

you can leave so we won't have to listen to you constantly whine about how "This isn't Blockland anymore, Blockland died when we lost interiors and terrains!"

I was talking with someone the other week about how there is going to be a lot of talk like that. This update is comparable to v9, in both its hype and its radical change. v20 is going to be to the 25k+ users what v8 was to the 6k- users.

Exactly. At least the newer players will have never experienced terrain and interiors and won't complain. The people who are complaining have no clue that this is for the better, and are stuck on the fact that this update is just for shadows.