Poll

Do you agree that this should be implemented?

Yes.
3 (42.9%)
No.
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Server Ranking System  (Read 3015 times)

This entire idea is crap and should just be gotten rid of

What the heck do we care if there are noob servers?  Or badmin servers? 
If we had a vote, you could be an epic blockland player, but have a lot of noob enimies because they asked for admin and you said no, so the majority would be a No vote, because noobs hate you!

Lame idea, it would kill more good than bad servers, might even run blockland into a hill!    There would be no servers up due to noobs voting no, and skilled players voting no on noobs!  And then you throw in ID racism and the whole "Lol you can't host nub!" thing.

Here is the best way of solving this problem, and it is free!  It is easy!  And best of all....  It works!
Here it is :D........ DON'T JOIN THE SERVER!!!!   Was that hard?  Nope :D

As far as the colored servers if you are banned there, or the symbol that says banned, it is good
Maybe even a kicked: [insert however many times here] so you could see if they are badmins

But a server permit, lame, end of stroy, it is useless and might even kill blockland.
I hope this server falls into the back of the forums with the Failed topics so we can get this idea out of our heads before it happens and screws with blockland.

Hermm, I wonder if you have the power to make Topics fail too?

This entire idea is crap and should just be gotten rid of

What the heck do we care if there are noob servers?  Or badmin servers? 
If we had a vote, you could be an epic blockland player, but have a lot of noob enimies because they asked for admin and you said no, so the majority would be a No vote, because noobs hate you!

Lame idea, it would kill more good than bad servers, might even run blockland into a hill!    There would be no servers up due to noobs voting no, and skilled players voting no on noobs!  And then you throw in ID racism and the whole "Lol you can't host nub!" thing.

Here is the best way of solving this problem, and it is free!  It is easy!  And best of all....  It works!
Here it is :D........ DON'T JOIN THE SERVER!!!!   Was that hard?  Nope :D

As far as the colored servers if you are banned there, or the symbol that says banned, it is good
Maybe even a kicked: [insert however many times here] so you could see if they are badmins

But a server permit, lame, end of stroy, it is useless and might even kill blockland.
I hope this server falls into the back of the forums with the Failed topics so we can get this idea out of our heads before it happens and screws with blockland.

Hermm, I wonder if you have the power to make Topics fail too?
Oh dont get me started, i have killed plenty of my own topics by saying something and nobody ever replying XD

Once I was building something, and had my server up for people to comment.  One guy came and after about five seconds of being in the server, and finding his inability to build, he started complaining up a storm.  I replied saying I just wanted to build, and had the server up only for friends and commenters.  He then started complaining that the server was up and he couldn't do anything.  It then went on to that I should have the server passed, and go through the trouble of giving the pass to anyone who would possibly want to join.

End of story: If you don't like the server LEAVE IT.  There may be others who want to play, but don't think because the server host doesn't fallow "the loudest  player is right" philosiphy, that they shouldn't be allowed to have THEIR server on the server list.

Needs another filter option "Show servers that suck?"

I think that the whole exclusionary system is a bad idea, if people can host, power to them, don't stop them from doing something they can do in every other game. That aside, I do think that there should be settable filters, a favorite server system, and a ban status would be nice as well.

I also imagine a versatile friend/clan system would be good, especially useful when you want to know what server a friend or clan member is on. Some of these features will probably be in the next RTB. Regardless, many of them would be nice things to implement and would make it so much easier to tell which server you would like to join.

@ Jirue. I'm not going to defend my thought because you think theres such a thing as ID Racism. Ignorance is not acceptable when criticizing someone. I was simply suggesting this because I miss the time when there were no noobs. Everyone was smart enough to capitalize their name and server, only respected people hosted, and Almost every single server was fun. Also, as i said before, there would need to be a system for preventing noobs from voting.

@ Jirue. I'm not going to defend my thought because you think theres such a thing as ID Racism. Ignorance is not acceptable when criticizing someone. I was simply suggesting this because I miss the time when there were no noobs. Everyone was smart enough to capitalize their name and server, only respected people hosted, and Almost every single server was fun. Also, as i said before, there would need to be a system for preventing noobs from voting.
Wouldnt that take a vote though? XD

But i miss those days too :(
I miss the days when the idea of the "decolitioner" was the best thing ever, and that aloshis bot mod could make anyone's day D:
And the IDs were all relativly low, 1k,   Man, you are right D:  All the servers were fun then :-\

I do miss it, but this idea is a little high :(

90% of the people in this thread are delusional. Reducing the number of servers isn't going to make the current ones any better - it just means that potentially good servers won't be able to just start up, and will have to do some handicapped application to be allowed to host. Its a completely stupid idea and I can't believe people are still yapping on about it.

Before you bought bl.

@ Ephi: The idea has developed throughout the topic. I recommend reading the whole topic before you start persecuting the idea.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 06:23:15 PM by tommybricksetti »