Author Topic: Space Megathread  (Read 4342 times)

SPACE

Info
Space is the thing above us, vacuum,or whatever you want to call it.
It is extremely big, expanding, and fascinating.
As something simple, you cannot breath in space, and it is extremely cold, around -180°C (-290°F) with no sun in sight.

Orbits are used with gravity, you're falling forever around a planet, asteroid, or star. Many space agency's have been orbiting planet Earth for years, with satellites in orbit, space stations, etc. With orbiting your apoapsis is the farthest away from the object you're orbiting, perigee is the lowest point. apogee is the highest point.
Unlike some video games, to get to the moon you don't just point at it... I mean, you could, but you would need to go very fast, and its not very efficient. I don't feel like explaining this since none of us have the money to even make a spaceship so i'm just going to leave this here.

You may be asking yourself many more questions, if so, just post and someone will most likely respond.
(Unless everyone is a jackass, which is most likely)

Pictures

Feel free to post some pictures and i'll include it.

Notice
This topic is WIP and subject to change. I'm taking suggestions for the OP.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:08:57 AM by The Big Bad Jellyfish »

I love space too. Too bad my house doesn't have enough space.

OP is gonna be horrible

space is some scary ass stuff yo

I recently received a watch that allows you to rotate the bezel and see what constellations are in the sky depending on the date and time. It also shows where they are.

The ISS isn't in space
Its orbit is in the atmosphere.

Updated OP with some stuff.
Suggest stuff for OP.

The ISS isn't in space
Its orbit is in the atmosphere.
sortof
it's above the most generally accepted border of space, which is 100km up iirc
but yes it does encounter atmospheric resistance. hardly any but it still has to reboost its orbit periodically

I want to go to space ;-;

sortof
it's above the most generally accepted border of space, which is 100km up iirc
but yes it does encounter atmospheric resistance. hardly any but it still has to reboost its orbit periodically
Pretty sure its 370 km up.

I want to go to space ;-;
Me too.
Lets team up and build a space rocket and defend from space invaders!

Me too.
Lets team up and build a space rocket and defend from space invaders!
No, no we'll be the space invaders!