Author Topic: Admin/admin pass for saving a build.  (Read 1140 times)

Like the title says, you need a admin pass or need to be admin to save.
This would prevent build stealing, unless someone has admin and saves it.
Also, this should be serverside.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 06:02:35 PM by Soundwaver7 »

dude, even if this does get made, badspot will crap-on it, and probably revoke their BL key of whoever made it.
Just sayin.

and probably revoke their BL key of whoever made it

No, you can only get your blockland key revoked for making an addon that has a backdoor to it, to give the maker an advantage of a server that has it.

And this is a good idea, people dont want there builds stolen if they work realy hard.

This has been thoroughly discussed, please use the Search button on top in the future. Sufficed to say, people could pretty easily make workarounds for most of the data if you prevent it. As said by others, if you're that protective of your builds, don't host them publicly.

This has been suggested so many times it's just annoying now.

This has been suggested so many times it's just annoying now.

^_^

As far as I know, if the build is loaded in the client; any determined member could save it as it has to be stored on your computer somewhere.  The "counting up" thing when you save which I think is downloading from servers is just the events, the saving of bricks literally just saves what's "ghosted" at that point into a permanent rather than temporary file.

As said by others, if you're that protective of your builds, don't host them publicly.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 07:00:42 PM by zenloth »

There's really no point in this, Badspot has even said something along the lines of this: Blockland is a game centered around building, disabling the ability to save a build from another server is stupid.

What about a mod that allows players to save bricks, but only the ones they've built.
Or they have to have full trust of one person to save their bricks too. And some RTB Prefs to change some stuff around
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 09:55:45 PM by Arcturus »

What about a mod that allows players to save bricks, but only the ones they've built.

How did it go completely over your head? :panda:

How did it go completely over your head? :panda:
What do you mean "over your head"

No, you can only get your blockland key revoked for making an addon that has a backdoor to it, to give the maker an advantage of a server that has it.
Actually, Badspot can revoke any key he wants.

This would defeat one of the main features of the game. Builds really don't get stolen that much anyways.

This would defeat one of the main features of the game. Builds really don't get stolen that much anyways.
Well, if you built a huge build that took a few months, and some starfish 9 year old comes and steals it and says he took credit, you would probably change your mind about this.

Listen up noobs, saving is here to stay.  If you can't handle someone else playing with your build, grow the hell up.

If you start doing gay stuff to break my game, I'm going to start banning you from the master server.  This is a war you don't want to start because I'm the only one with nukes. 
Been suggested so many times, still the same reason.