Poll

Should I consider secondary developers?

No, retain the purity. One man, one mod, ein reich!
Yes.

Author Topic: CityRPG  (Read 83578 times)

Really? Because ive never seen a cartel, i can never get people to agree to set their prices with mine. Everyone would go to losest possible profit price to get all the customers.

Technically. There needs to be a factory for there to be products.

Think of it like SimCity. Just because you're an industrial zone does not mean you are rich. I gave you very little money, so you'll probably have to buy a 16x16 lot or so and build a tiny furnace or something.
But in the beginning if people wanted plastic, i am going  to be the  only  one.

I thought of an interesting idea while I was falling asleep in my English class today.

What if at the bank you can access a, "Safe Deposit Box" where you can deposit weaponry and other items safely for a fee? At the same time, you can buy your own safe and put your things in it as well, for the cost of the safe of course. With different types of safes costing different amounts of money and being more difficult to break into.

The benefit could be that as you put more things in your safe deposit box, the more fees rack up, and buying a safe could save you money over time. Additionally, it could let criminals commit a high risk bank robbery and loot people's belongings, which is another reason to buy a safe.

Additionally, it gives criminals a reason to break into people's homes because the only other valuable object (within my knowledge, of course) is your car.

This could serve as the, "Inventory" feature you were thinking about a while ago. Unless you already created one, in which case disregard this entire post.

But in the beginning if people wanted plastic, i am going  to be the  only  one.
And I'll have the only food, which is needed to make plastic efficiently. Do I smell a monopoly?

And I'll have the only food, which is needed to make plastic efficiently. Do I smell a monopoly?
:cookieMonster:

Can we please stop focusing on crime? A lack of violence, theft, murder, and sodomy has never been a problem in CityRPG.

Really? Because ive never seen a cartel, i can never get people to agree to set their prices with mine. Everyone would go to losest possible profit price to get all the customers.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's how it usually goes.
I have to find a way to counterbalance quantity over quality. There needs to be a reason to shop at different stores.

What's really interesting and completely untested is how the plastic system actually works... See, buying plastic isn't good enough. Plastic now comes in crates. You have to walk your crate over to your lot in order to store the plastic on your person. Crates can be stolen and sold in shady lots.

This does something I've never really thought about. Plastic becomes a physical good as opposed to something like stocks. You can't just press a button and have the refined plastic. If you have to walk pass six different factories to buy the cheapest plastic, you're not getting a good deal. It's like driving to the other side of town for gas five cents cheaper. It just doesn't make sense.

Can we please stop focusing on crime? A lack of violence, theft, murder, and sodomy has never been a problem in CityRPG.
It's harder than you think to create ideas for good guys.

Its a good thing you did the 20% minimum profit though. People pricing for a $1 profit is handicapped.
Idk the only thing i could think of is that certain tiers of the merchant jobs can only sell certain items, that way there are no walmarts that sell everything for lowest possible price. But that still doesnt really affect too much.

What about beanbag round ammunition for cops?

That way when someone is committing a crime such as breaking into a grocery store at night and a cop sees them, if the person starts running away and is out of taser range, they can fire non-lethal rounds that will stun the criminal if they aren't wearing any form of protective clothing.

Less dead criminals and more criminals in jail. It's more realistic.

Do we get a liitle time  before hand to erect our shops?

Its a good thing you did the 20% minimum profit though. People pricing for a $1 profit is handicapped.
Idk the only thing i could think of is that certain tiers of the merchant jobs can only sell certain items, that way there are no walmarts that sell everything for lowest possible price. But that still doesnt really affect too much.
I have an idea. Since the Shopkeeping tier earns money through selling products, I'll change that to be profit based. If you sell a sniper at 100% profit, it'll be the same as selling 5 for 20% profit in terms of EXP gain.

What about beanbag round ammunition for cops?

That way when someone is committing a crime such as breaking into a grocery store at night and a cop sees them, if the person starts running away and is out of taser range, they can fire non-lethal rounds that will stun the criminal if they aren't wearing any form of protective clothing.

Less dead criminals and more criminals in jail. It's more realistic.
Beanbag guns and tasers are planned. I need to bug someone to do the model.

Do we get a liitle time  before hand to erect our shops?
I'll open the server a day before so that CityRPG's first and only term will be spent with the founders.

That is a great idea, it will definitely encourage higher prices.

Also, with the implementation of city and street lots, and the use of the treasury's money for city projects, will the mayor have the ability of toggling the use of treasury funds?

With this ability, the mayor could benevolently use his own funds for the sake of the city. Or he could use it as a cover up for all the money that's being drained from the treasury into his Swedish bank accounts.

Michael Bloomberg, the mayor of New York, being the rich man he is, has in the past denied paychecks from the city for the sake of New York.

Rich politicians have funded many community/commercial projects for the sake of their communities as well.

But for the most part, it's for publicity and a seat in office. ;)

After so many suggestions, and when CityRPG is done, something goes wrong.
So, so very wrong.

It become SENTIENT.