Author Topic: Suppose I try to log some data in this method - what if I crash?  (Read 1230 times)

Don't dis torque's I/O system for that, you can't delete a line in a file without opening it, ever, not even in c++, not in C. It's common to open a file before writing new information to it (i.e. a null value).
Now that that's over, has OP been answered yet? wasn't there a resounding "No, it won't corrupt the file"?
NINJA EDIT: Ok, so you can do it in assembly... but its not a scripting language, therefore doesn not count.

disclaimer: didn't read any of second page so ignore this if it should be ignored

What I was thinking of when I wrote that is how you have to cycle through all the lines to do it in TGE. So if I write 200 lines and I want to change the last one, I have to reopen the file and read lines 1-199 and rewrite them, then change line 200 appropriately. I obviously said none of that in my post, but that's what I should have said/meant to say. I didn't make it very clear, and you're right of course