4 (4.2%)
Windows 7
31 (32.6%)
Windows 8
10 (10.5%)
Windows 10
31 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Author Topic: My computer is upgrading to windows 10 without consent.  (Read 8234 times)

Ok, well I suggest you give Windows 10 a chance, because it's actually really good. If you don't like it, there's a way to revert back to your previous instillation which apparently still works....
It does
So go to Settings > Update & security > Recovery. There you should see an option to go back. Doesn't take too long.

Don't shut down your computer during the update, that might actually mess crap up.

assimilate tony

join us

I don't have a loving windows 8 disc anymore so it's not like I can switch back if I need to if I go over the point of no return.

I'm still on windows 7 no problems here
about to upgrade to windows 10 though

I don't have a loving windows 8 disc anymore so it's not like I can switch back if I need to if I go over the point of no return.
dats ur fault

Theres a revert option

you don't need the disk to revert

When gaming companies stop supporting windows 7 op systems, that's when I'll swap over.

wat

I just said all you have to do is let it finish updating and go to your settings and revert it.

You have like a month to try it out and if you don't like it, just go back. But honestly give Windows  10 a try, it's really good and honestly not that different from Windows 7 or 8.1.

I don't give things a try when they update their software on me without consent. I feel violated. I have no control over my computer.

I'd just wait it out and revert it when it's done

I don't give things a try when they update their software on me without consent. I feel violated. I have no control over my computer.
You could always try linux. A bit of a learning curve though on how to use it.

How do I cancel this I feel like it will corrupt my stuff if I turn it off
That's what I did.

I was in the middle of a game and it force restarted my computer. It had barely just started configuring and then I shut it off.. Booted the computer back up and everything seemed fine. I then downloaded that program to delete/disable all windows 10 popups

You could always try linux. A bit of a learning curve though on how to use it.

but muh programs!!!!

but muh programs!!!!
If only linux was more supported, then I could switch over.

I'd suggest cancelling it. Windows 10 is basically spyware at this point. If it's too late to cancel it, just find the revert back option once it's installed finally and download GWX control panel from here which will completely stop any windows 10 related programs from running: http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/