Author Topic: working 60+ hours a week  (Read 5030 times)

doesn't sound great, 12 hours a day is good money but it's at the cost of your mental health, i'd say save up and stick with this job only for a little while longer and try to find something better

nothing wrong with working some insane job so long as it earns well. obviously you cant do it forever, so enjoy the cash while you can. then move on to something more reasonable.
$500 rent is good if you can keep it.

Confidential info on but, Chris Hemsworth (Thor dude) is actually reserved to eat here at 8pm so I'm taking a break in cuz stuffs gonna get hectic lol. The restaurant I work for takes celeb reservations like once every week and every time we do stuff hits the fan cuz people see the celeb eating there and then they try to eat there too
boost your morale to keep working there by seducing chris hemsworth

alternatively, gold dig chris hemsworth

Man it was my birthday yesterday and all the kitchen staff got to take photos with Chris but I was back in the kitchen washing all the pots. I got some tiramisu but I accidentally got dishwasher fluid all over it

Worst birthday ever

brb looking up where he ate last night to investigate phanto

sorry to hear your birthday sucked. would like to send u a cake man

I'll take nudes instead thx. I appreciate it man

Can't wait to quit in 3 months and use my funds to continue game development stufg honestly that got me mad hype rn
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 03:47:40 AM by thegoodperry »

get a roommate to split that bill. 250 a month is better than 500. That way you'll be able to take more days off because the rent will be cheaper.

Hi exciting update. It's 4am and the restaurant is being cleaned by a crew for 2 hours so I gotta wait until 6am and do like 3 hours worth of more dishes because I'm required to have them all complete

I have three options
1. Stay until 9am to do all the dishes
2. Go home and let the morning people deal with it at the expense that I might be fired, but at least I can get a few hours of work done in before then
3. Quit immediately

if you're gonna quit, get another job lined up first

you better loving power through them dishes like a champ bro.

Too late I already clocked out lol forget this

great management jesus

i hope you dont get fired and they understand cause what the forget working to 9am is forgeted

well its too late to find out now, i terminated my employment this morning

i could go on a huge rant but a lot of stuff happened yesterday and it'd be very hard to keep up.

basically im one of 5 dishwashers on staff, and yesterday two of the 5 had the day off, while 1 called in sick. so it was me and one other who had to manage two dishwashing stations on separate ends of the kitchen (he got the easier one). i was basically working on my own, stacking dishes pushing them through a machine and putting them away, but it was also saturday and thats the busiest day of the week and i was basically thrown thousands of dishes and i couldn't keep up at all. by 11pm i had the entire kitchens worth of dishes on the counter and in work time that's about 8 hours of straight work for one employee.

so two of the chefs helped me out because they basically realized that it would be impossible for me to get all them done before the morning shift. they helped me for two hours and we cut the dishes in half basically, and at that point they just peaced out because they realized how long this stuff would take anyways. so i was left with half of the dishes to work on my own, which is about 4 hours of work.

the other dishwasher finished his station early (of course) so i asked him to help me out and he flat out said no and left. this is the same guy who a week prior was in the same situation as me and i stayed late to help him out so he could get done. and he basically just flipped me off and left. so i was alone. then these cleaning ass brothers came to clean the kitchen so i basically wouldn't be able to finish by the morning shift anyways.

i told the chef about this, he didnt really care and said i had to stay until all the dishes were finished. so i woke up this morning and called HR to quit. i dont have a job lined up but i have two months worth of rent on me so i'm gunna go job searching again tomorrow

that sucks. too bad management doesnt care about their employees

they dont care much about the dishwashers is what i understand. i was even told before applying that their porter position had extremely high turnover and i could see why lol. on my first day there someone already got fired, and two other trainees quit on their first day of trial

anyways ill definitely be happier somewhere else, so i feel really good right now and free.