Author Topic: BLIVE 1.0.0 [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]  (Read 16483 times)

The wonders of anonymity.

"Anyone malicious enough to warrant an IP ban will know how to bypass it."

Very fair point.

"Accounts are barely a hassle. In fact, they're a convenience. I get all my stuff in once place to manage."

I personally find accounts a hassle.  I may implement accounts later on.  So another fair point.

Q u a l i t y.

can you not implement those icons i made for you?

can you not implement those icons i made for you?

I'm nowhere close to home.  I'll add them when I get home. In addition to adding a passwords page that lets me access the SQL remotely.

I'm nowhere close to home.  I'll add them when I get home. In addition to adding a passwords page that lets me access the SQL remotely.
Oh, ok.

Someone posted a whole bunch of erotic jpegs named by their hash. It appears you don't validate zip files before they're accepted and have no flood protection. Perhaps also checking that they have a valid name (anything_anything) too.

I'd recommend limiting number of results when viewing a board and adding pages or some sort of dynamically loading page as you scroll. It can get taxing to list hundreds of results in a timely and clean manner.

To prevent name collisions, you may want to save add-ons by their hash. You may run in to collisions with /addons/[filename].zip being your path. You could instead save it as /addons/[hash] and use a Content-Disposition header to specify the download name.

Also, I don't condone the
BLOCKLAND GLASS FOREVER
included in the spam whatsoever. Glass started like a site very similar to this and it took 2+ years to grow to where it is. There were two other sites being developed with the same intention at the time. I thought competition would be good, but those projects pretty much halted.

If your intention really is to catalog add-ons and provide an all-inclusive place to upload them, I'd recommend looking in to perhaps some form of scraper for the Add-Ons board. Have your project host every add-on available, as a true "open market repository". That would give it a unique purpose that doesn't overlap with Glass. That could help with community support and your own motivation for the project.

Someone posted a whole bunch of erotic jpegs named by their hash. It appears you don't validate zip files before they're accepted and have no flood protection. Perhaps also checking that they have a valid name (anything_anything) too.

I'd recommend limiting number of results when viewing a board and adding pages or some sort of dynamically loading page as you scroll. It can get taxing to list hundreds of results in a timely and clean manner.

To prevent name collisions, you may want to save add-ons by their hash. You may run in to collisions with /addons/[filename].zip being your path. You could instead save it as /addons/[hash] and use a Content-Disposition header to specify the download name.

Also, I don't condone theincluded in the spam whatsoever. Glass started like a site very similar to this and it took 2+ years to grow to where it is. There were two other sites being developed with the same intention at the time. I thought competition would be good, but those projects pretty much halted.

If your intention really is to catalog add-ons and provide an all-inclusive place to upload them, I'd recommend looking in to perhaps some form of scraper for the Add-Ons board. Have your project host every add-on available, as a true "open market repository". That would give it a unique purpose that doesn't overlap with Glass. That could help with community support and your own motivation for the project.

Thank you for the advice.  Not much I can do about those listings until I get home.

Yeah, that's a good idea.  I can try to implement a filter in the upload script so it rejects ZIPs with a filename that isn't *_*.zip.

As for making a forum/glass scraper, that's way out of my league for skill.  Right now, I just want BLIVE to be some sort of addon dump.

Seriously.  Thank you for the advice.

You have a version of Milicry (or WannaCry?) hosted on your site with the SHA spam. I'd recommend getting rid of all of the addons which have been spammed on there- and I'd add flood protection. Also, what's the IP for the user who's spamming the thot patrol bullstuff everywhere?

You have a version of Milicry (or WannaCry?) hosted on your site with the SHA spam. I'd recommend getting rid of all of the addons which have been spammed on there- and I'd add flood protection. Also, what's the IP for the user who's spamming the thot patrol bullstuff everywhere?
Yeah, it's WannaCry. Somebody's trying to infect everyone with WannaCry again :u

Yeah.  I deleted all the spam and the vore stuff.

im gonna assume this was weathernerd/renderman in a bowl or unova

the wonders of anonymity and not requiring an account -.-

probably would be a lot cleaner if you just didnt show any uploaded content until it is approved so you dont get stuff spam like this

and put in filters - all addons must be named word_otherwords, and must have valid internal files (which you can then crc to check for repeat uploads of the same addon under different names)