Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1318826 times)

never used, he just put it together and set it aside
not exactly sure why
If you're willing to part it, I'd do 150 plus cost of shipping for the PSU and RAM

Also, if you part, sell the 1070 on Craigslist to some ethereum miners, the bubble is about to pop and that gpu will drop in price when it does, but u can get more for it now
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:23:59 AM by Cappytaino »

do I need to do some bios/setup stuff whe installing a new cpu?

generally no

If it uses the same socket, just pop it in and it should work.

if the motherboard was manufactured before your cpu's generation you may have to update your bios to support it, so update it before you pop the new one in and you should be good to go.

Nah the one im going to buy is the same generation I currently have.

Nah the one im going to buy is the same generation I currently have.

then you're good to go

I got h115i 3 days ago and i just ordered my b350 krait motherboard

haha bunny ears

no im not actually going to keep that it looks loving stupid

no im not actually going to keep that it looks loving stupid
forget you

I'm gonna play dumb here, can someone tell me if an upgrade from this cpu (AMD A8-6500) to this cpu (A10-7800) is worth it, possible or whatever on this motherboard
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:38:32 PM by Maxwell. »

I'm gonna play dumb here, can someone tell me if an upgrade from this cpu (AMD A8-6500) to this cpu (A10-7800) is worth it, possible or whatever on this motherboard
Seeing as the mobo is FM2+ and the A10 is FM2+, appears so, yes.

Seeing as the mobo is FM2+ and the A10 is FM2+, appears so, yes.
this, just if possible go with a A10 7850k along with a decent cooler

ryzen 3's reviews are in:
they do much better than intel's core i3s, as they have much higher multi thread performance than intel for the same price due to being a true quad core and are also overclockable which helps close the small single thread deficit that they have
core i3's are now no longer worth buying
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 11:05:43 AM by Mr Queeba »

they do much better than intel's core i3s, as they have much higher multi thread performance than intel for the same price due to being a true quad core and are also overclockable which helps close the small single thread deficit that they have

i carried a ryzen before fully AMD-built, it was pretty nice.

They dont do "much better" than the i3s, the r3 1200 has trouble even beating the kabylake pentiums.