Author Topic: Better sword attack animation?  (Read 1149 times)

I don't know, friends. But the current animation looks bad for me. Perhaps a diagonal slash like we saw in most game would help?

No. This is Blockland not "Hyper-realistic LEGO building game with modern movements and graphics!" Badspot wanted to keep the animations blocky like they should be.

how is a diagonal slash "Hyper-realistic LEGO building game with modern movements and graphics!"

Also shaders are modern graphics so your statement in incorrect

Damn, Khain beat me to it. :c

A diagonal slash is possible yes. This has been done with a few other melee weapons. Maybe a brickshift right/left animation while swinging the sword?

I have a sword some where in my sea of addons that I made, it uses a default looking sword. if I can find it I'll post it.

Come on, friends!
 I think it will looks good. Also by the way Third person mode show have cross hair.

No. This is Blockland not "Hyper-realistic LEGO building game with modern movements and graphics!" Badspot wanted to keep the animations blocky like they should be.
You don't make any sense and I think it's because you're blowing this way out of proportion.

Yes, because diagonals are so modern and new.

I have a problem with this idea because the shoulder doesn't look like it can rotate like that, it looks like it can only rotate on a single axis like a Lego figure's arms

are you implying a lego minifigure can diagonal slash
an armless plastic figure is more likely to do it

Also by the way Third person mode show have cross hair.
there isn't a good way to do this, since the target will keep changing based on how far away it is and the angle

i dont know about you, but my lego figures cant  do slashes other than vertical ones, they can only rotate their hands, and arms don't bend

I think, a cool new animation might be good, but you could just clone the sword and make a newone that looks the same but with a new animation.

You would have both swords and you could say to your friend "I bet your sword cant do this" and you slash

the end.

anyways,
As long as it doesnt overwrite the other sword, It might be ok

Whenever I use to make a diagonal slash with my lego figures I just take the minifigure and move it diagonally. Why not just have the entire blockhead minifigure itself just move diagonally? One big wobble motion.

It's blocky, it's realistic and it makes sense. No stuffty hand animations involved.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 05:43:50 PM by Thé Lord Tony »

A diagonal slash would require a custom animation to the addon, or a fix to the playermodel itself.
Either way, it's going to be a bit of work...

I remember the Zero Saber add-on someone made for Blockland that had a really fancy animation to attack and I thought it was pretty cool. I would like to see more add-ons with custom animations rather than them all using default stuff. /support