Author Topic: READY PLAYER ONE TRAILER  (Read 1480 times)

Ready Player 1 is an absolutely horrible excuse of a book. The fact that it's getting a movie is simply disgusting.

At least we know no matter how bad the movie is it will still be better then the piece of stuff fire kindle that Ernest Cline shat out.

is this a film about how technology has advanced so much that we use VR more than we live in reality

It's been years since I read the book but IIRC the main character plays a bunch of retro games within the VR to solve a hidden puzzle to get a prize or something + romance subplot with qt gamer girl gf. It's like Tron but for millennials.

Ready Player 1 is an absolutely horrible excuse of a book. The fact that it's getting a movie is simply disgusting.
Huh, so it really is a live action SAO

If I remember correctly the book spent half a chapter describing a DeLorean remake that the main character remade in the game, only for it to never be brought up again (it literally has zero plot relevance and is never even used). Literally half a chapter is dedicated to trying to jerk off gen Xers who get a stiffy at the mere thought of something that was around in the 80s.

Huh, so it really is a live action SAO

Trust me when I say even SAO is far above the book. And that's saying something because I hate SAO

Trust me when I say even SAO is far above the book. And that's saying something because I hate SAO
Holy Swiss stuff.
Sao is like if you mixed stuffty fanfiction and flea market research together and removed all the 18+ stuff. How could anything be worse than that?

Holy Swiss stuff.
Sao is like if you mixed stuffty fanfiction and flea market research together and removed all the 18+ stuff. How could anything be worse than that?

Read the book and find out. It's really bad

I'm pretty sure there's also like a solid 3 or 4 pages describing how Oasis users have love with each other through the internet

I'm pretty sure there's also like a solid 3 or 4 pages describing how Oasis users have love with each other through the internet

I don't remember that. This was a book I read in highschool so I doubt it would have anything remotely interesting or funny like that in it.

I don't remember that. This was a book I read in highschool so I doubt it would have anything remotely interesting or funny like that in it.

I could be wrong, all I remember is my mom read through it first and censored it (cuz I was 13 or so and my parents are religious) and during a diatribe on the "heuristic suits" (or haptic or whatever they were called) there was several pages where there was nothing but white-out from top to bottom and from context it seemed loveual. Idk though

ya theres a section where the main character gets depressed and buys a latex doll to forget it and enters the pleasuredome blah blah i forgot the rest
tbh the trailer looks like stuff but the book was /decent/ enough, i didn't particularly like the references but i still enjoyed it because the technology described was intriguing as forget even if it's fictional

my favorite part of the book is when he casually mentions players who choose to have hermaphrodite furry avatars

also that one random loveism spiel about the male privilege with the appearance of masculinity or something

this film does not deserve "Tom Sawyer" anywhere near it

how do you do fellow kids

haha remember the 80's? i really like when we had to do that thing! am i right dudes?