Author Topic: Faster admin orb  (Read 2281 times)

I orb around my builds a lot. And when i have a large one it takes a long time to get to where i need to go. It would be great to have a faster admin orb speed for when you hold down the mouse.

Mission Editor, the Add-On had this.  It's not impossible at all.

Bump, this could be cool if it was made

Have you held left click while orbing? Usually you go a lot faster.

Have you held left click while orbing? Usually you go a lot faster.
Lol.
I orb around my builds a lot. And when i have a large one it takes a long time to get to where i need to go. It would be great to have a faster admin orb speed for when you hold down the mouse.

Anyway, have you tried changing the timescale to 2 whenever you need to orb around a big build?

Lol.

Anyway, have you tried changing the timescale to 2 whenever you need to orb around a big build?
thats kind of a hassle to do every time i orb, which is a lot. Also usually there are other players building / messing around, so it would be pretty annoying form their standpoint to have to deal with me constantly changing the timescale. i know that i get pissed if a freebuild host changes the timescale when im building lol.

Yes please. /support.

I just looked over the mission editor script real quickly, the variable that you want to change is $Camera::movementSpeed
The range the variable can be is 5 through 200.
So, if you want it to be the fastest, set it to 200.

Edit, testing it in game it appears to glitch up pulling your admin orb back, don't know about if you were the host though.

Double Edit: It appears that the variable mainly matters with the host, meaning if the host has it set to 40 (default), you move default no matter what, if it was set to 200, yours move the fastest also.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:54:04 PM by Pah1023 »

so the host can move faster but no one else?

so the host can move faster but no one else?
If the variable is set on the server, anyone's can.

Ill make this when i get home, it will be great!

CCS - Change Camera Speed
function serverCmdCCS(%cl,%speed)
{
    if(%cl.isSuperAdmin)
    {
        if(%speed <= 5) //Is it more than 5?
            return;
        %cl.chatMessage("\c6Camera move speed is now updated.");
        $Camera::MovementSpeed = %speed;
        //transmitDatablocks(); - Not sure if needed
    }
}