Author Topic: downgrading to windows 7?  (Read 3275 times)

Windows 8.1 really is not that bad if you don't suck at computers.
I'm not saying that I love it, but I definitely don't hate it.

Windows 7 is still king of OS user-friendliness imo.

I wouldn't downgrade because why the forget would you downgrade. It will probably end up being a bad choice. If you have another partition available, why not just dual boot? If not, just live with the OS you have. It isn't that bad.

Explorer crashes all the loving time, its very sluggish on startup and on exiting sleep mode, and it eats up my battery life even when it's just idling. This is on a high end i7-based Lenovo laptop. I have dualboot installed and W7 lasts a good 3-4 hours longer than W8 on the exact same system.

You have to realize that metro was loving PORTED from a phone architecture to 32/64 bit. It wasn't rewritten. This causes major problems with efficiency and countless performance bottlenecks, and you can't ever turn it off when you're not using it, it's always there eating away at your system's resources.
cool, so can my early 2000's era budget desktop, so can my schools cheapass netbooks, this is not an impressive feat
Dude can I just tell you that you're spitting your opinions out as if they're facts? Stop getting so aggressive in this topic over an operating system, stick with windows 7 if you're that hell bent over it.

Also just to note that Windows 8 was built with SSD's in mind, taking the full advantage of it where possible.

I'm sure the majority of Windows 8 upgraded users would say that it's much more lightweight than Windows 7 ever was. I am one of them people. The ecosystem within W8 is great too with the OneDrive and the Microsoft Account integration which syncronises all the themes and whatnot to each system you own. I absolutely love it personally and I would never swap out Windows 8 for anything, I'd use it alongside with OS X because that has benefits too. Windows 8 is the best OS out there and Microsoft do intend on bringing the Start Menu back for enterprise users in W 8.1 Update 1.

Not to mention Windows 9 which is going to be released in the next two years I'm sure.

Sometimes you've just got to move on.

im considering locking this because this seems to have turned into an os war topic