Author Topic: Crysist's Computer Upgrade  (Read 1252 times)

Hi, I really want to upgrade my comp, but I don't know much about this stuff. I need more RAM, graphics card, and I don't know about this, cause the better graphic cards are PCI 2.0 eXpress or something. Yet my crad I'm using right now is a PCI, so I think the slot I have right now is the same and no the eXpress thing? I don't really know but after looking around I found these: Processor and Graphics Card. These fit my budget of 300$ + Birthday Mystery Extra and are rated really good. I've heard you need a new motherboard for a different card, but I don't know if I already have it. For RAM, I'm not sure. Can somebody help and also tell me if I might need any other stuff? Also here's my horrible specs:

Yeah you do need mroe RAM what kind of stuff are you looking to run?

I would recommend getting a new computer since that processor will be terrible in 1-2 years and they are hard to replace

Bump
I would recommend getting a new computer since that processor will be terrible in 1-2 years and they are hard to replace
Aww, well maybe I'll just get the GeekSquad to do it?

BumpAww, well maybe I'll just get the GeekSquad to do it?
Don't ever use GeekSquad, ever.

BumpAww, well maybe I'll just get the GeekSquad to do it?

They suck, just get about 4GB of ram, and a new GPU (Graphics Card). I'd get a Nvidia GT 9000 Series with 1 GB of Video ram. Ati I cannot trust for some reason. And If you get lag on High Detail Still.... I'd say get a new duel-core or QUAD-core intel processor.

Because you're an idiot.

Well, I was dramatized by a old ATI I used to have.

Newer ones are better but damn, this one sucked balls. When I played FS2004, flying triangles flew to me :o.

After realizing that thing sucked, I hated ATI for no reason at all.

Newer ones are better but damn, this one sucked balls. When I played FS2004, flying triangles flew to me :o.

You just said why you hate ATI, and it's still stupid.

You just had a stuffty/faulty ATI card/chip. Same thing can happen to Nvidia by buying a 9000 GT.

It was stuffty.

Trust me. It had only 32mb of video ram and it ran on my 98SE desktop.

It was stuffty.

Trust me. It had only 32mb of video ram and it ran on my 98SE desktop.
OK, and that was like 10 years ago. If you don't know what you're talking about don't talk.

You're better off getting a whole new PC. Don't be like me.
I had a Dell Optiplex 320 that had the same Pentium 4 3.0 GHz processor, but when I bought a same socket (775) Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz, it wouldn't boot. The processor wasn't faulty either, because I'm using it right now, in an Intel motherboard that I bought to get the thing to work.

Go with TicTac's build.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:22:43 PM by Miga »

If I had a choice in a perfect computer, I'd get a quad core with 4+gigs (I guess 8 would be best) of RAM, 4gigs of GPU (Tonce has this, it's dope) harddrive would be at least 500 gigs (like my laptop) sound card has to have at least 2 outputs and 2 inputs, at least 4 USB 2.0 ports, dual monitor display possibilities, and wireless connectivity+bluetooth. :3