Poll

x86 Or ARM?

x86
ARM

Author Topic: [MEGATHREAD] Personal Computer - Updated builds thanks to Logical Increments  (Read 1318635 times)

The block is on the wifi itself, not the individual clients.
He's asking if you can download it from home or not

i calculated the total cost of my build
$1158.76
forget, this is gonna take a while

Hey, so what should I look for in a WiFi adapter card? Is it a situation like with optical drives where specs don't matter that much, or should I be paying more for higher bitrates?

Ehh
Since the season of giving is coming I'm going to buy GTX 750 but is this motherboard compatible with it?
Since I have no knowledge of motherboards :/

Hey, so what should I look for in a WiFi adapter card? Is it a situation like with optical drives where specs don't matter that much, or should I be paying more for higher bitrates?
Check the signal range, and read reviews to make sure that the antennas are good quality and won't be blocked by a single wall or a piece of cardboard (some really cheap ones can't have anything in the way, or network connection quality drops like all hell). Also check what PCI-E slot it requires.

Ehh
Since the season of giving is coming I'm going to buy GTX 750 but is this motherboard compatible with it?
Since I have no knowledge of motherboards :/
Just check if that motherboard supports PCI-E 3.0 (Google the technical specs for the motherboard), but I don't see any *immediate* problems. What power supply are you getting/do you have?

can a wizard here tell me if this build is compatible with each other
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r62Y23

can a wizard here tell me if this build is compatible with each other
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r62Y23
It's alright, but there's a few things you should consider:
- You don't need an i7, a 4690k will do just fine
- If you do something that requires the extra threads go for the 4790k instead
- Same goes for the 16 gigs of RAM, only get it if you know you'll need it
- Get a Hyper 212 EVO instead of the Plus, or perhaps even something like a Scythe Mugen
- Get a Crucial MX100 instead of the PNY SSD
- Get a WD Black without 'Caviar' in the name since those drives are dated (unless the one you picked is a modern Black and just listed incorrectly
- The 780 is dated, a 970 will be both faster, cheaper and more energy efficient. If you get a 970 instead, get the ASUS or Gigabyte version
Other than that it looks fine

what gpu should i get? im looking for an upgrade
nvidia preferably

It's alright, but there's a few things you should consider:
- You don't need an i7, a 4690k will do just fine
- If you do something that requires the extra threads go for the 4790k instead
- Same goes for the 16 gigs of RAM, only get it if you know you'll need it
- Get a Hyper 212 EVO instead of the Plus, or perhaps even something like a Scythe Mugen
- Get a Crucial MX100 instead of the PNY SSD
- Get a WD Black without 'Caviar' in the name since those drives are dated (unless the one you picked is a modern Black and just listed incorrectly
- The 780 is dated, a 970 will be both faster, cheaper and more energy efficient. If you get a 970 instead, get the ASUS or Gigabyte version
Other than that it looks fine

+1

I've already googled this but can't seem to find a fix:
It seems when I close programs on my computer they don't want to give up the memory space they took. This is causing my open memory to drain extremely fast, it didn't start doing this until recently.

What about EVGA? I have a EVGA GTX 670 4GB FTW, replacing it with a EVGA GTX 980 tho.

The EVGA 980 should be good, it's the 970 people complained about.

I've got a Gainward GTX 980, which pretty much runs at stock for a GTX 980 and yet managed to run most games at 4K DSR, so the EVGA should be a loving beast.

i calculated the total cost of my build
$1158.76
forget, this is gonna take a while
jesus christ what are you gonna play crysis 3 at 69K resolution