Author Topic: AOE mod  (Read 2148 times)

I want to have an Age of Empires mod, but I don't know what blockland I should use (Retail, BLM, RTB etc.), I will need some scripters and some modelers, but I have a strong feeling this will bomb, I would like some people to be willing to work on it before I get the least bit serious about it, finallyI need to know if Torque can handle/be capable of something like this.

will this be in 3rd person?
or will it be like a 1st person stabber?

cuz it wont be anymore AoE than a midevil deathmatch

First of all I need it so that bricks are recognized as "wood", and I need pre made macros of buildings that cost "wood", after your "wood" is gone, you can't make anymore houses, I am thinking it would work kinda the same as the brick limit, also, I need it so you can chop down pine trees, and for every one you chop down you get like 10 wood.

Well, first of all, it's pointless to make stuff for vanilla any longer.  Second, AOE is real-time strategy game, not a Blockland-type sandbox/first-person shooter.  Third, Garage Games has a separate product for making RTS games.  I can see where you're wanting to go with this, but you might as well declare it now.  This mod, if it sees the light of day, will be an RPG mod.

HMK

They also have an RTS demo kit, I'll link it up here when I get back from school.

First of all I need it so that bricks are recognized as "wood", and I need pre made macros of buildings that cost "wood", after your "wood" is gone, you can't make anymore houses, I am thinking it would work kinda the same as the brick limit, also, I need it so you can chop down pine trees, and for every one you chop down you get like 10 wood.

That's really pretty easy. :D