Author Topic: Steam help.  (Read 1187 times)

I keep getting loving popups with internet explorer for no reason and im using firefox.  Does anyone know how to keep internet explorer from opening or how to get rid of this virus/spyware?

Ok i disabled internet explorer now i need to know if theres anyway i can change the browser steam uses since it uses IE.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 05:56:38 PM by zoneark »

Ensure that Firefox is set as your default internet browser if it isn't already.

Start>Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You can't fully remove Internet Explorer, since Microsoft decided to make their buggy, non-standards-compliant and insecure browser integrated with the entire operating system.

Lol

It's none removable also it pops up with ads for cox and vacation sites.  Is there a way to keep it from poping up?  Also my firefox is set for default browser.

You can't fully remove Internet Explorer, since Microsoft decided to make their buggy, non-standards-compliant and insecure browser integrated with the entire operating system.

Except in Europe :D

"Spybot: Search and Destroy". DO IT. Get rid of Norton and get AVG/ZoneAlarms/PandaSecurity. Which ever one you want.

Except in Europe :D
uk = in europe

space guy = in uk
tails = in uk

"Spybot: Search and Destroy". DO IT. Get rid of Norton and get AVG/ZoneAlarms/PandaSecurity. Which ever one you want.
I use none of those.

uk = in europe

space guy = in uk
tails = in uk

OK, maybe it was the European Union. I don't really care. I just know that there was a big lawsuit and Microsoft was forced to detach Internet explorer from Windows. They still bundle it together obviously, but it is optional to install it.

Perhaps if the UK had joined the Union then they would share the benefits of that decision.

Ok guys i figure out how to disable IE now i need new help.  Using same topic to save forum space.

When something uses IE to run, you can't change it.