Author Topic: Bot Events II, For realz this time plez  (Read 720 times)

1 was failed
1.5 (aka 2) kind of went away while 1/20th finished and never came back
Can we seriously just have a Bot Events II or even just call it 3 since #2 is derp. Or maybe we can just revive the old Bot Events II. Or, probably the best plan, fix Bot Events 1 ffs.
I am sick of being without it. It wasn't THAT broken, it can't be hard to fix to someone with a lot of coding experience. but then again I can only script basic Python and Lua so I probably have no idea what I'm talkingabout and am in for a flamewar but whatever, I mean someone's gotta keep remindering people.

PS
Yes this is the 1000th thread
Yes it's neccessary because otherwise nothing will happen
Yes I sound like an ass
No you cannot do anything about this post unless you're a moderator and in that case plz dont hurt meh :c
Yes it's my birthday deal with it
Yes this is getting lengthy and off-topic
No it does not matter
Wait yes it does
Yes I am going to stop now
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 01:03:30 AM by TristanLuigi »

I never did understand what was wrong with bot events. Can someone explain?

tbh i dunno either
It was CRC'd though so something was broken.

I give it my 'most abusive, popular event add-on' award.

You could create a bot that would target players outside of the minigame, and in return, target either their client or player.

The bot would wander, and based on its size, playertype (5 5 5, quake-like player), its search radius would grow.

You could then make the bot invisible, through the use of its avatar customization, and with the lack of a floating name, unless someone located your vehicle spawn and checked the events...

You could also take control of players through the events and crash the server through various loopholes.

Creating new bot events should be fairly easy, the hard part would be coding the AI but I guess you could rip that out of Amade's bot events.

So if bot events are CRC'd, then is there another add-on that can change players avatar through events? I need one if I want to progress my lip syncing stuff further.

So if bot events are CRC'd, then is there another add-on that can change players avatar through events? I need one if I want to progress my lip syncing stuff further.
There was, made by Rotondo, on the old RTB.
Plus their are some "Black Market" Bot event add-ons if you are just going to take a peek at the scripts.

Bot events were abusable but we have admins, right? Admins are abusable, let's take away that, servers are abusable, so let's only have 10 master servers, the list goes on.

Its right here:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=215564.0

._.
1 was failed
1.5 (aka 2) kind of went away while 1/20th finished and never came back
Can we seriously just have a Bot Events II or even just call it 3 since #2 is derp. Or maybe we can just revive the old Bot Events II. Or, probably the best plan, fix Bot Events 1 ffs.

Its right here:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=215564.0

._.

This is the fixed version folks, and it works. You do not need to rename the file or anything like that.

Guys, how are you so late?
Brian fixed bot events a while ago
(Well the syntax error that made baddy crc it, anyway..)

It isn't completely fixed yet.
It still needs quite a bit of fixes that haven't been addressed. Like bots hammering their own spawn and crashing the server