Author Topic: RIP Emulators and ROMs  (Read 13828 times)

the only game worth pirating is donkey kong 64

and yet even badspot is extremely strict about keeping pro-piracy anything off of this site for the sake of not losing anything that could possibly back him

extremely strict?

If that was the case, noone would be allowed to rip off images to use as avatars.

Where did you get that dog image from? You probably didn't ask for permission did you

emulation is okay to talk about on the forum lmao

extremely strict?

If that was the case, noone would be allowed to rip off images to use as avatars.

Where did you get that dog image from? You probably didn't ask for permission did you
hes permad people for just talking about piracy so i dunno what you’re trying to get at here

hes permad people for just talking about piracy so i dunno what you’re trying to get at here

Then you are about to get permad now because you just talked about piracy here lol:

right. give my internet privacy to another private company except this time it’s a vpn and i consolidate all of the illegal stuff i do and hand it to them on a platter
frankly id rather avoid any piracy bullstuff anybody gives me by just not pirating stuff and instead following the completely reasonable fair use laws and not loving over a video game developer whose work id likely enjoy regardless

i hate nintendo for this stuff, how else would i get wii u games

People who think emulation is the worst and them being removed like this as a good thing aren't bright

Original hardware, and original games can be expensive as all forget, rare as forget, not outright not available at all. Imo emulation is a necessary evil, even though it's technically piracy.

, but they are even taking down ROM hacks.
SMWCentral.net and Talkhaus on Self Delete watch

SMWCentral.net and Talkhaus on Self Delete watch
Nintendo walks into SMWCentral like "Just buy Mario Maker lmao"

Imo emulation is a necessary evil, even though it's technically piracy.

It's not piracy if you use a ROM that you dump from a cartridge you actually own tho iirc

its loving stupid because all of these games are probably out of print
and yes i know virtual console exists but thats only a small portion of their game catalog
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:46:35 PM by NumberOneTuxedo »

its loving stupid because all of these games are probably out of print

It's not piracy if you use a ROM that you dump from a cartridge you actually own tho iirc
Too bad that requires you to have the original hardware and the right stuff to interface between the cartridge / disc which can be pricey or rare iirc

People who think emulation is the worst and them being removed like this as a good thing aren't bright

Original hardware, and original games can be expensive as all forget, rare as forget, not outright not available at all. Imo emulation is a necessary evil, even though it's technically piracy.
what, you dont wanna pay for an understocked, overpriced cashgrab console or wait for the game you wanna play to arbitrarily show up as a downloadable copy?

man nintendo has been so much full of stuff in the recent years, the switch putting them back on the top only made it worse

Too bad that requires you to have the original hardware and the right stuff to interface between the cartridge / disc which can be pricey or rare iirc

Yeah. And isn't it ironic that Nintendo is doing this? After all, they did clearly pull the SMB1 ROM for Virtual Console off a loving ROM site.

And they also take down innocent non-profit fanprojects while keeping stuff like SuperMarioLogan who's illegally profiting off their IPs up