Author Topic: Trench Wars TDM  (Read 1463 times)

TRENCH WARS

so i made a trench wars server.

there is no money system because i want all the players to have equal weapons.

i have now added an additional Green Team which is located underground

Blue Team Wep theme is USA
Red Team Wep theme is Russian
Green Team Wep theme is Austria
i am using the HK weapons pack
Join Now!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 08:21:31 PM by GhostStar »

build looks really bland
sorry

oh my god im stupid

there is no money system because i want all the players to have equal weapons.
Okay, balanced weapons are critical to a good build, but something which I do not agree with is the fact that the game has no progression.
I have realised that in game production, progression goals are a necessity to keeping players entertained.
I suggest you find some way of players to spend their points (whether its extra starting ammo, or a pointless silly hat) to make the game more interesting.
Of course, this is just my opinion and is only relevant to a certain type of players (I've found that older players are more away of their own progression while playing, while the younger players don't mind about repetitive killing)
In conclusion, I think you should make an aspect of the game progressive to keep players interested and keep the game fresh.

what weapons are there

like does everyone have 1 single load out when they spawn or are there choosable (non-buyable duh) weapons

what weapons are there

like does everyone have 1 single load out when they spawn or are there choosable (non-buyable duh) weapons
there is a loadout that you get when you spawn but there are additional weps to choose from in the base

there is a loadout that you get when you spawn but there are additional weps to choose from in the base
neat

Okay, balanced weapons are critical to a good build, but something which I do not agree with is the fact that the game has no progression.
I have realised that in game production, progression goals are a necessity to keeping players entertained.
I suggest you find some way of players to spend their points (whether its extra starting ammo, or a pointless silly hat) to make the game more interesting.
Of course, this is just my opinion and is only relevant to a certain type of players (I've found that older players are more away of their own progression while playing, while the younger players don't mind about repetitive killing)
In conclusion, I think you should make an aspect of the game progressive to keep players interested and keep the game fresh.
Ideally in tdms I find that players should be able to buy purchases for the whole team.

the server is down because it is not dedicated and i cant pay for RTB at the moment. i will leave thread open for discussion on how to improve the server and game play.

equal weapons yay

I hate shops

Sell dirt so lazy people like me don't have to go digging to get it! (If you're not going to sell weapons, dirt isn't a bad idea)

Ideally in tdms I find that players should be able to buy purchases for the whole team.
This is also tricky. The problem is that this means teams with good players will improve and be able to gain access to even more power. Buying base upgrades doesn't work for this kind of game. I think something like buying dirt would be nice, and then maybe some aesthetic things (bragging rights), but nothing that gives anyone any real advantage over someone else.

Games like TF2 can have so many weapons because everything is fairly well-balanced, and regardless of what weapon you use, the main thing that changes is your personal strategy. Players in this kind of game choose their weapon based on what they think they do better with, rather than what's most powerful. Blockland doesn't really allow for this because the weapon selection is fairly poor.

Sell dirt so lazy people like me don't have to go digging to get it! (If you're not going to sell weapons, dirt isn't a bad idea)
This would be a great idea

and why not cosmetics
like hats

team dirt 2