Poll

is minecraft dead

yes
270 (61.8%)
no
167 (38.2%)

Total Members Voted: 436

Author Topic: Minecraft Megathread; yeah its update 1.12 big whoop what about it  (Read 5911345 times)

...How would sideways logs make the game harder?
tree felling and having trees be harvested differently as opposed to PUNCH WUD AQUIR LOG.

Oh, no, I think people are misunderstanding

The "downed tree" was simply a presentation method for the sideways log blocks, trees don't fall over lol

Oh, no, I think people are misunderstanding

The "downed tree" was simply a presentation method for the sideways log blocks, trees don't fall over lol
forget

trees don't fall over lol
gay
for once i thought minecraft trees would have a bit of realism
too much to ask /flipdesk

Didn't realize it could be taken that way until you said that, I probably should have specified exactly what was being showcased there

Found a little explanation by the man himself:

Quote from: Dinnerbone
Trees won't fall over. It'd be too complicated to add and require a lot of work - not to mention the logic issues (what if something is in its way? Does it destroy anything in its path, or lean on them? We don't have sloping blocks, it can't just lean, and it'd look silly any other way).

I may add naturally fallen trees, but this was indeed just a nice little example I thought would showcase the oriented logs.

HI DINNERBONE

IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SOMEONE loving IMPLEMENTED PHYSICS

wow, more decorative blocks. what's next? more wool colors?

And here is where the thread goes from "this is amazing" to "go to hell mojang"

wow, more decorative blocks. what's next? more wool colors?

minecraft does go for the more creative approach than survival :/

forget yes rotating blocks.

I lov u dinnerboner

And here is where the thread goes from "this is amazing" to "go to hell mojang"
it goes from "wow, trees fall now" to "they added a new decorative block."

Large trees won't look handicapped anymore, and dinnerbone was done with all the bugs he was assigned to fix in the current version anyway

Seriously though think about it, even if the logic aspect was figured out (assuming it's as complicated as he claimed) an animation for a falling tree would look weird as hell in Minecraft and it'd look even worse if it just suddenly appeared on the ground

Having "realistic trees" is really the least of our worries about the game right now

Large trees won't look handicapped anymore, and dinnerbone was done with all the bugs he was assigned to fix in the current version anyway

Seriously though think about it, even if the logic aspect was figured out (assuming it's as complicated as he claimed) an animation for a falling tree would look weird as hell in Minecraft and it'd look even worse if it just suddenly appeared on the ground

Having "realistic trees" is really the least of our worries about the game right now
trees will still look handicapped because they  will still end up having joints like this
[][]
     [][]

i want more wool blocks so i can do pixel art

Well that sucks. I was hoping that would solve my large tree problem; where if they just fell over, I could just easily collect the logs.