Poll

which is better

85 (45.7%)
101 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 185

Author Topic: Scenery's SUBURBIA  (Read 129764 times)

they'll be able to do that like everybody else
also unlike other city rpgs, you don't necessarily need a clean record to become a cop, you're chosen by a player police chief who will be cycled out every so often by the mayor/assassinations
Clean record can go starve to death in a hole for all I care, it has no place in iBan's CityRPG and makes the criminals automagically much more powerful due to the fact that to be an underpaying, very demanding COP job you have to never once forget up, even as a cop. You don't even get any "pardon demerits" of the sort and you can lose your job in one accidental murder.

Good luck on this, also I honestly think that as the mayor you shouldn't be able to just do anything, some things like legalizing/illegalizing drugs or weapons should have public votes that last for maybe a day or two.

Clean record can go starve to death in a hole for all I care, it has no place in iBan's CityRPG and makes the criminals automagically much more powerful due to the fact that to be an underpaying, very demanding COP job you have to never once forget up, even as a cop. You don't even get any "pardon demerits" of the sort and you can lose your job in one accidental murder.
you could be the most infamous criminal in the entire server and still be hired by the police, but that entirely depends on who is currently the police chief or not. the police chief could just deny your application because they don't like you. if that happens, you can just blow their brains out and get someone else to be police chief instead so they can hire you

for the records thing, i might give police chiefs the ability to view very specific details about criminal records, such as stats about when you were arrested or went on a Flash Mobing spree. it depends on the police chief to care about those records or not, but i think most people who are police chiefs wouldn't care about records at all

Good luck on this, also I honestly think that as the mayor you shouldn't be able to just do anything, some things like legalizing/illegalizing drugs or weapons should have public votes that last for maybe a day or two.
i'm not sure if the mayor is going to work like that, suburbia seems entirely based around corruption and i would expect the mayor to be able to do whatever they want. if the mayor is doing something the public doesn't like, then the people can impeach him or blow his head off and instate a new mayor

having the public vote on every change that the mayor makes would make the mayor job incredibly boring, as you can't instantly apply new policies. it becomes too much like real life government, where everything takes a million years to get done. i have the belief that a player should be able to connect, become the mayor, do whatever the forget they want, and leave the game only after a total of 10 minutes spent on the server. suburbia politics will be very fast paced
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 10:51:53 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

i need those engine mods bro

but you made http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=260650.msg8181960#msg8181960
which is much better than mine

also where did you get those sounds? they're a whole lot fancier than the ones that i ripped from gta
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 11:41:45 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

i need yours because the one i use 1.) plays the sound on the host no matter where he is, and only the host of the server    2.) plays it on every single vehicle, even things like balls

sound is from battlefield [something]

so i remembered that filipe's commission service existed so i got some models from him

the moustache is here

police chief is like 99% done at this point now that he has a moustache to wear

geaaacheacheehcheceahchcahcah chachchacha popehat
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 05:41:45 PM by Gytyyhgfffff »

bonus image: 80s cop
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:43:37 PM by CharlesSpeaking »

Pretty Pink Corpse Grinder~!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:11:37 PM by CharlesSpeaking »

police chief stuff is completely done so i am now working on the karma system
if players do evil then karma will be reduced and the friendly suburbia money god will come down and rain fire on everybody
if priests and the pope n stuff give money to god then karma gets raised again and if karma is high enough god will rain money on everybody or something

sneak-peak of god's ai:

so i've decided that suburbia should have an optional gui because the in-game centerprint based version is incredibly unintuitive. i can't really get it to be intuitive because i'm having to deal with 255 character limits and that stuff

needs more funny laws