Author Topic: The new and improved 3D model topic!  (Read 3868718 times)

1. It's way way too high poly.
The extra polys don't even seem to do anything, they just seem to be there.

Either way, it's got too many polys for a BL model.

What if we made Blockland a high poly game and just have the default stuff be the only low poly stuff in the game?

That would look hilariously bad and lopsided in terms of polygons

yeah and it would look even worse considering that quads get triangulated dammit

oh forget lol I went to post a high poly roblox player but the forums blocked it LOL

Isn't it like autoban or autoblock when posting Roblox links now?

It gives you a message, it would be unjust to ban someone for a mistake.

Eg go get their website thing and paste it in then hit post.

Are you serious?
1. It's way way too high poly.
ok like i give a forget ###rekd (this isn't dismissive, btw)

2. It's not even to scale with a blockhead.
ok and i just said i wanted a weapon like that in blockland and you've gotta be a cunt about it, like everything else gun related because suddenly youre the gun guru of everything #burnnnnnn

Reasons why it needs reworking:
1. The lever and trigger are awkward and tiny.
2. Bolt is way too far ahead of the drum mag
3. Safety is in the middle of the gun
4. Stock is completely flat on the top, no variation whatsoever.
[/endrant]
ok i really dont mind if its accurate or not... if it looks cool, i like it, i'm not one of those "its not realistic, so it's not good" persons

You know, lolz never said it was for Blockland... I sincerely hope it isn't. It looks alright, but I think you need to work on design before modelling it, like they do with weapons for real games.

You know, lolz never said it was for Blockland... I sincerely hope it isn't. It looks alright, but I think you need to work on design before modelling it, like they do with weapons for real games.
My problem isn't the polygons so much as the absolutely deficient design. The polygons don't help, but my issue with it is that it makes literally no sense as a weapon, its just a disproportionate clusterforget of unnecessary subdivisions.

I'd also add that it's too high-poly for ANY game, even before triangulation. There's gotta be at least 15,000 quads there.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:33:48 AM by takato14 »

"its not realistic, so it's not good"

yes but with this the bolt is in a really odd place which technically wouldn't work.

So um it has a lever system, a bolt system, all of which are for manual fire weapons and then it has three fire modes lol like wtf is that even

Hi! I just made new Buick Wheel

actually look like this

So what you think?

So um it has a lever system, a bolt system, all of which are for manual fire weapons and then it has three fire modes lol like wtf is that even
I think it's the baby face's blaster modified

I think it's the baby face's blaster modified
it doesnt look anything like the BFB

=/=