Author Topic: Everyone joins my server from my IP.  (Read 1675 times)

I've confirmed 100% that it's not my antivirus, I completely uninstalled it to absolutely no avail.

I'm assuming that it's something to do with my router setup, so I need someone who is good with stuff like that.

Bump, someone please help.

I don't think it's the router, although D-Link does make some iffy stuff at times, I'd go towards your ISP for this, as no router in the universe should ever do this.

I don't think it's the router, although D-Link does make some iffy stuff at times, I'd go towards your ISP for this, as no router in the universe should ever do this.

The only thing is that it only does this for Blockland, soo.....

Because Blockland uses a better authentication system than other games like Minecraft or Garry's Mod (the game, not steam.) This is still an issue in other games but isn't noticeable because these games don't consistently authenticate.

So what are you suggesting?

I have not read anything except a few sentences, but still may be of use. Make sure to see if your router is changing your internal IP address. If you have your port forwarding set up for a specific internal IP address, you may need to set up a static IP. An alternative is to always check your current internal IP address with cmd ipconfig /all ...and change your port forward accordingly each time before you start a server. It'll be easier to set up a static IP address...but if you have internet connection problems you may forget that you have done that. Just be sure to switch your IP back to automatic if you have connection problems much later. You then can switch it back to static for Blockland once it's solved.

It's not an issue with DHCP changing his address, it's an issue with incoming connections attempting to authenticate from his IP when they last authenticated with their IP.
I already said, contact your ISP about this and ask about it.

Are you sure Blockland is still port forwarded?