Poll

[holder poll, doesn't count for anything] Pick a favorite website

Drunk Ron Swanson
This is Why I'm Broke

Author Topic: CityMod  (Read 22775 times)

But there are mod-rippers so it could always be stolen
CityMod will never be leaked because the only two people that have obtained copies of CityMod are Brian and myself.  We (I) have put too much effort in this just to have it ripped by some dipstuff.

CityMOD is BASED off of City3
City3 has everything this mod has, but CityMOD has more.
Hm?  CityMod wasn't based off of City3?  We have many of the same ideas but City3 focused more on inter-city connection whereas CityMod is just contained within one city.  But I see your point; they're pretty similar as next-generation city mods.  I also did get some inspiration to start CityMod from City3 :)

Also I'm just wondering, why do you keep capitalizing the 'MOD' part of CityMod lol.

I have no life, I'll try to learn how to .dso the files later on. Then have Bran or Vaux create a command to start it all that only the select few of us on this project know. So only we will be able to start the scripts? That should prevent it from being stolen.
Speaking of that,
As a joke I actually did make a script to format CityMod into a one-lined file and then I hid a servercmd that you had to do to initiate the gamemode hahhaha
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 11:19:58 PM by Vaux »

PFFFFFT.
CityMod will never be leaked because the only two people that will EVER obtain copies of CityMod are Brian and myself.  Anyone that thinks otherwise is trippin balls.
No one is capable of circumventing your bullstuff by copying the functionality?

You never will because you can't.
The .DSO files are compiled versions of the .cs scripts.
They get compiled weverytime you run the .exe file and start the game.

Once the .DSO files are created you dont really need the .cs files anymore. Unless you want to make changes to them.

Btw. don't delete your .cs files :)

Everytime you make a change to the .cs files you have to delete the corresponding .DSO file or else the engine will execute the .DSO instead.

// Clocks out

It's simple, I kill the Batman I get a cheaper knockoff torque game and engine, run it properly and have it compile the .cs files into the .dso

I literally have no life. I hardly move from my current spot, and sir if there is a will, there is a way.

It's simple, I kill the Batman I get a cheaper knockoff torque game and engine, run it properly and have it compile the .cs files into the .dso
What compiler key?

What compiler key?

I haven't researched that far. Want to help a brother out? Also I now own the torque engine.

The DSO file format was changed by badspot. It is also built into the engine.
I bet the second someone makes a public DSO unscrambler/scrambler for Blockland, Badspot will change it all around.

It is also built into the engine.
Also I now own the torque engine.

It's built into the engine, hmmm... And changing the files around would be useless if somebody could create an unscrambler, and an easy scrambler is, well easy. All you need is to work the engine just right.

You can learn a lot about torque engine from the torque engine forums. For instance the standard compiler algorithm. Badspot has more than likely changed it from the standard maths by far, so it can't be unscrambled unless one obtains his maths. That doesn't mean others can't do the same to their common script files.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 01:25:19 AM by Thorfin25 »

It's built into the engine, hmmm... And changing the files around would be useless if somebody could create an unscrambler, and an easy scrambler is, well easy. All you need is to work the engine just right.

http://i.imgur.com/RPlFvIO.png

You can learn a lot about torque engine from the torque engine forums. For instance the standard compiler algorithm. Badspot has more than likely changed it from the standard maths by far, so it can't be unscrambled unless one obtains his maths. That doesn't mean others can't do the same to their common script files.
You should just stop, you're not making any sense, kthnx

You should just stop, you're not making any sense, kthnx

I got Torque Engine. Torque engine compiles *.cs to *.dso
Are you still with me?
I take CityMod, or tell Vaux how to and we change it into *.dso
Still there?
This way nobody can steal the scripts if in some ungodly forgeted up turn of events it gets leaked.
I can change the compiling algorithm to make the *.dso unique and harder to crack.
If you still can't follow I made it easy and gave you links for compiling and algorithm already.

I got Torque Engine. Torque engine compiles *.cs to *.dso
Are you still with me?
I take CityMod, or tell Vaux how to and we change it into *.dso
Still there?
This way nobody can steal the scripts if in some ungodly forgeted up turn of events it gets leaked.
I can change the compiling algorithm to make the *.dso unique and harder to crack.
If you still can't follow I made it easy and gave you links for compiling and algorithm already.
when he said you are not making sense
he means you have no idea what you are talking about.

when he said you are not making sense
he means you have no idea what you are talking about.

When you run the engine it will do nothing. You put in a script for it to compile the relating scripts into *.dso
There is a script containing the algorithm behind the compiling
There's an entire forum on this stuff, if I get it wrong all I have to do start reading again. That code down there wasn't for Blockland, that code was for the engine itself. There's so much reading material on all of this. And believe me when I say I have the time to sit down and do all of this. I can even get a few books on it if I wanted. If there is a will, there is a way

When you run the engine it will do nothing. You put in a script for it to compile the relating scripts into *.dso
There is a script containing the algorithm behind the compiling
There's an entire forum on this stuff, if I get it wrong all I have to do start reading again. That code down there wasn't for Blockland, that code was for the engine itself. There's so much reading material on all of this. And believe me when I say I have the time to sit down and do all of this. I can even get a few books on it if I wanted. If there is a will, there is a way
and then you can get your key deactivated for decompiling blockland.
have fun.

and then you can get your key deactivated for decompiling blockland.
have fun.

Do you not listen? ITS A loving COMPILER, not a decompiler, a decompiler would take a lot of work. And badspot has his own ALGORITHM that MAKES IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO CRACK. I'm not looking to decompile anything at all, only to compile. And quite frankly if somehow somebody did crack his algorithm, they probably wouldn't care if they got banned, they'd own his code.

Do you not listen? ITS A loving COMPILER, not a decompiler, a decompiler would take a lot of work. And badspot has his own ALGORITHM that MAKES IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO CRACK. I'm not looking to decompile anything at all, only to compile. And quite frankly if somehow somebody did crack his algorithm, they probably wouldn't care if they got banned, they'd own his code.
first calm down.
second, you aren't going to get anywhere without looking at the exe of bl which is decompiling which is bannable. People have been banned for this.  Compiler or decompiler you still have to look at the exe to make it.
third they would not own his code, they would have his algorithm.

Welcome to Trinick's guide to how handicapped Thorfin25 is.

Here is a snip of TGE code related to compiling DSOs: http://pastebin.com/3xhxFEFU

For those who don't know how an enumerated type works, it's essentially a list where each entry is a text-keyword bound to a number. The first line is equal to zero, the second is equal to one, and so on.

So let's pick an easy one one, like OP_MUL. This is equal to the value 31 in TGE. The following is the exact code for OP_MUL in TGE:
Code: [Select]
        case OP_MUL:
            floatStack[FLT-1] = floatStack[FLT] * floatStack[FLT-1];
            FLT--;
            break;

So, since OP_MUL is equal to 31, let's go find this code inside the Blockland binary.
Code: [Select]
case 31:
          v100 = *(_DWORD *)&dword_748888[4 * dword_74988C] >> dword_748884[dword_74988C];
          --dword_74988C;
          *(_DWORD *)&dword_748888[4 * dword_74988C] = v100;
          continue;
So, obviously this code is a bit harder to read, but we can clearly see that in TGE, OP code 31 performs the operation *, or multiplication. In Blockland, OP code 31 performs the operation >>, or bit shift right. We can thus tell that OP code 31 in Blockland is OP_SHR (shift right) not OP_MUL like in TGE.

So, now that we know the OP codes have been obfuscated in the Blockland binary, we can deduce that if you were to compile a script to DSO using TGE, every single last operation would be wrong.

You cannot use TGE to compile DSO add-ons for Blockland.