Poll

Did you sign the petition? (Reread the first post)

Yes because it is a violation of the constitution
41 (50%)
Yes(other reason) [State below]
1 (1.2%)
No because while it is a violation, this petition won't do anything
20 (24.4%)
No (other reason) [State below]
20 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: "Remove "In God we trust" from legal tender" Petition on Whitehouse.gov  (Read 23820 times)

That's exactly what it does. It is referencing a god.
yes

REFERENCING

not A LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION

So we know that it is referencing a Christian god. You stated that in the context of the first amendment respecting meant "referencing". Regardless of why definition you twist, it is still biased against other faiths. Why does it have to reference the Christian god? Why not the Muslim god? Unless we keep federal property theisticly neutral there will be conflict between those faiths (or lack thereof). By putting one religion's reference on property people of any belief must use it causes conflict and sometimes even alienates some.

That's one of the reasons we have a separation between church and state.

This still isn't reason enough to tell people what they should and should not believe. And through reading history books, atheists aren't exactly perfect either unless you consider Stalin's "purges" justified for the promotion of an atheistic and communistic state.

Oh dear god, don't even begin to go there. Those men were mentally ill, the Christians(religion) were inspired and driven to crush all heretics.

Doesn't it still say "e pluribis unum" on the back of the dollar somewhere?
Edit: On the seal. Also on all coins.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 02:04:17 AM by JimJam »

Oh look I pressed quote instead of edit.

It must say e pluribis unum everywhere. Even as a giant tatoo on my back.

This still isn't reason enough to tell people what they should and should not believe. And through reading history books, atheists aren't exactly perfect either unless you consider Stalin's "purges" justified for the promotion of an atheistic and communistic state.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 10:35:50 PM by Saber15 »

i like e pluribus unum, it's a much better motto for america, the place where you're free to believe in any religion you want, god or not
i like e pluribus unum because its latin for "out of many, one"
and that reminds me of "til all are one"

"In Flying Spaghetti Monster we trust"