Author Topic: The History Of Windows - Windows OS Megathread  (Read 2348 times)

When I had Vista I absolutely hated it. It took forever to start up, Windows 7 is snip-snap-pattywhack and BAM I'm playing TF2.
So much this and IT DOESN'T BREAK WITH loving EVERYTHING YOU CHANGE ABOUT IT.  My old vista turned off one day.  And it just never turned back on again...

[IMG ]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r9/TheDespisedIcon/320070_1527459164303_1769424366_732206_730670064_n.jpg[/img]

Very accurate representation.

I've never had a problem with Vista and everyone seems to hate it

I've had multiple problems with Vista but none of them were really THAT crippling.

Very accurate representation.

As different as it is, I'm quite smitten with Windows 8. I've gotten used to the new start menu and it feels like I can do everything 10x faster now (Not to mention it has badass transition effects). Even the developer preview is running more stable than my copy of 7 at the moment.

As different as it is, I'm quite smitten with Windows 8. I've gotten used to the new start menu and it feels like I can do everything 10x faster now (Not to mention it has badass transition effects). Even the developer preview is running more stable than my copy of 7 at the moment.
What the hell did you do with Win7?

I've had 0 problems OS related, and that's a lot coming from a computer so strained by higher graphic games and other stuff.

What the hell did you do with Win7?

I've had 0 problems OS related, and that's a lot coming from a computer so strained by higher graphic games and other stuff.

My preamps won't work with it anymore, my phones aren't recognized when I plug them in, my browsers are crashing constantly, explorer.exe keeps freezing and having to restart, ALT+TAB results in the game crashing, sound card buffer keeps failing while I'm recording music, Flash (in browser) keeps crashing, everything feels incredibly slower (copying/moving large files, starting up programs, games, etc.).
I don't have any viruses, I've defragged, I've done a chkdisk, I've reinstalled all my drivers, I've checked for driver updates, I've reinstalled programs, 7 just seems to be failing on me or something.

been using XP as far as i remember, my mom has a picture of me watching my brother play runescape on XP when i was around 4 years old

My preamps won't work with it anymore, my phones aren't recognized when I plug them in, my browsers are crashing constantly, explorer.exe keeps freezing and having to restart, ALT+TAB results in the game crashing, sound card buffer keeps failing while I'm recording music, Flash (in browser) keeps crashing, everything feels incredibly slower (copying/moving large files, starting up programs, games, etc.).
I don't have any viruses, I've defragged, I've done a chkdisk, I've reinstalled all my drivers, I've checked for driver updates, I've reinstalled programs, 7 just seems to be failing on me or something.
Oh wow, sorry bro.