Author Topic: RTB Development  (Read 333347 times)

Like/Dislike sounds interesting, but how would the rating then be displayed? Still in star format or "Facebook style" ?
I like Youtube style, but Facebook is fine too

Like/Dislike sounds interesting, but how would the rating then be displayed? Still in star format or "Facebook style" ?
How would you express a neutral feeling?

You either like it, or you don't.

Not liking it doesn't always mean you hate it and you think it should die.
Not liking it could be neutral or dislike.

I think that Like/Dislike rating system is good
Something youtube style

It would show how many like and how many dislike in number

It's to see how much activity it's getting. If everybody was neutral nobody would vote. That means the creators would think it's not getting very much activity.
This is already measured by page views and download counts, which are more accurate ways of measuring activity anyway.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:13:17 PM by Wedge »

A mod whos Likes - Dislikes = <=-50 should automatically get sent to like, a watch bin, or have to be re-approved

I vote YouTube style. (Lol, vote.)

Hey can't anyone pretty much make an add-on like RTB? (That is, if they can script.)

They can. However, not a good idea.

Or, maybe, a 3-star rating system.

Progress Update

I've been continuing work on the in-game part of RTB4. I've had to spend some time doing a bit of framework stuff which is largely uninteresting. I'm working on finalising the chat window design for the chat client. I've decided to ditch tabbed chat windows for the moment because they're just a pain to implement nicely.

I've implemented the "is typing a message" statuses and I'm working on getting some nice emoticons to use for the chat. The font size is 12px and most emoticons are 16px or larger so I've got someone doing some custom ones for us.

Mostly it's just tidying up the code and interface for the beta now. There are a few more issues with usability that I want to fix and then we're ready to go. I want to stress that the beta will be very basic - the initial download will only contain the chat client and nothing else. I'll gradually re-integrate features in future betas.

I've implemented the "is typing a message" statuses
:D

and I'm working on getting some nice emoticons to use for the chat.
IRC spam dramas just got a whole lot more interesting.

most emoticons are 16px or larger so I've got someone doing some custom ones for us.

It would be nice if we have cookiemonster emoticons. :cookieMonster:
I'm excited.

It'd be a challenge to depict the cookie monster in all of his glory using 144 pixels.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:14:55 PM by Ephialtes »