Author Topic: [AoB] Architects of Blockland - 2012  (Read 27463 times)

i got out of the enclosed area....quite easy

So how are people supposed to apply when you caged them into this one area, with spaces left for applications.  Except you put down bricks to show where those spaces are and now only if those bricks are removed/someone has your trust can they apply.

Nobody can apply unless you're there now.

yeah rem you should remove the baseplates so people can build in the squares

or maybe just make it  outside the boundaries

..or you could make an eventing system that clears the lot and gives them a variable that doesn't allow them to claim any more lots

maybe put AoBE to work lol

Rem you really need to turn off weapon damage if you haven't already.

If you can't for some reason then somehow allow people to control the people who just go around killing everything.

Dropped by last night. AoB's looking good, back on track once more!

In 2009 you had 15+ but now you only have 9

Could you guys possibly forgive me for my actions

When is the server usually open? I'd like to apply

The server is passworded, I tried Benofdoomisamazing but it didn't work.  Must be a glitch or something.

The server is passworded, I tried Benofdoomisamazing but it didn't work.  Must be a glitch or something.

Or maybe it's just not the password :)

Edit: The password is lifted. The server is back in full swing, and unfortunately, due to save interruption, some progress was lost.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:35:26 AM by Remousamavi »

I'd apply for AoBE, but I don't know what to make that hasn't already been done :/

The AoB PC  is certainly different. A CD drive?

A CD drive?
I could make a cd drive/reader, but it'd be more like a square/rectangle than a cd, lol.

My office turned out swell.

Due to recent events in the server and due to the fact that I am no longer without a good server, I need to reiterate a few things:

First of all, if you are an AoB member and have selected an office, you may do whatever you wish with the actual office space, as long as it does not spread outside the office's area or effect the areas around it, including windows and doorframe. The window frame should sync with the outside, and the doors should match the other office doors as seen from the corridor outside. What you do inside the office other than that is up to you.

If you are hellbent on making an exception to this, such as adding something outside the office, extending your office space into the roof area if you have an upper floor office, doing something with the windows or doors, making a doorway directly between two offices (Which requires the other person to consent as well, mind you), merging two offices to make one large office, or even making an extension to the office outside the HQ accessed by teleporter or the like (which has in fact been done before), you are very much allowed to ask me about, and I just might say yes. I'll probably say no to a few things for obvious reasons, but it never hurts to ask whatever you are thinking of. But you should remember to ask first, or ask if there is something you are unsure of. And I always read my PMs.

Even if I say no, AoB members are entirely welcome to save the HQ and start a private server and do whatever they want. But the HQ in the AoB server will have all the rules of conduct, and you will find that I will become less lenient about it as time goes on. I am not forbidding anyone in or out of AoB to join other servers or SP and do their own thing there. But while you are on the AoB server, I expect better conduct from all members.

In short, just make your office an office. If you have questions, ask. If you wish to do something different with the HQ, save it and do your thing with that. You may even post your work in the gallery, just remember give the rest of AoB due credit where the actual HQ is still unchanged. Just do not do it to the actual AoB HQ on the AoB server. This AoB HQ is for AoB stuff, and it's really not a lot to ask to just build a regular office there, which I am quite sure has a lot to work with for variety. It doesn't even have to be a traditional office, it can be anything you can think of, just make it fit in the space and sync up with its apertures (And make it work out as a place you want visitors in as an AoB member being visited). AoB members are also allowed to build a side project off to the side of the general AoB area, and if it's good I will keep it. If you want to make sure I keep it, ask me(See above bold text). One such build is currently behind the HQ, being built by *Magick* Mage, and was there even before I laid down the AoB Area's first baseplates.

This being said; I am not trying to make being on the AoB server an unpleasant experience, but from here on out, I will maintain a sense of conduct in the server. I will stay pleasant until somebody forces me to be otherwise, so how about you just not make that happen at all? Also, I know the server has just been a free-for-all join-and-build thus far due to lack of finished spawn area, so I am touching that up as I type this. Once again, if you have any questions about the rules, ask or PM me (see above bold text).

Thank you.