Author Topic: TDM W/Fire Suggestion  (Read 836 times)

I've realized a problem as of late in many TDM's or Dogfights.
Simply put, there's no reason to defend home base. A few points, a token prize in the end. It's not important. Why set up defenses anyways? Why even bother using AA guns or defensive turrets? Why take the match seriously?

Well, this solution could stop that dead in it's tracks, along with adding a whole new angle on Dogfighting servers. Imagine that bombs, yes, bombs could set fire to bricks they hit when exploding? Then what? Let the enemy bombers come to close, and all the sudden, your base is on fire. Then, losing critical spawns for your planes or tanks, the crippled team falls to their superiors. Or do they? Perhaps, given enough teamwork, a new class appears, the fire-fighters. A group of militarized players with fire-fighting equipment to protect those assets while the team does it's best to strike back!

Honestly, I'm looking at this pretty optimistically. To work, the server would need at least 16 active players on each side. Different sections of the home bases like player spawns, tank spawns, runways, ammo storage, ect, would need to be separated so one strike didn't just wipe out the whole thing ending the game. However, if done correctly, with fires that actually spread and destroy bricks, you could have a hell of a lot of fun. I don't know the state of the old fire-fighting mods, if they work or are buggy, but working out the kinks, modifying some vehicles to have some fire-starting capability shouldn't be too tough.

Just a thought. I can't do that sort of thing myself. Who knows, maybe one you can do that sort of thing?

Tezuni had a flamethrower add-on that did that. It was at his city server and only extinguishers could put the fire out. Good thing the flamethrower was extremely expensive though, or it would've lagged like crazy

I would like to see if your idea goes anywhere

Wasn't there a firefighting gamemode back in v18?

Wasn't there a firefighting gamemode back in v18?
yes
it was the VERY first addon i ever downloaded

Why not just make a script that for all large explosions, it starts fires? Or is that not possible?
Other then that, it sounds pretty fun and cool to do.