Author Topic: DD System V2.65 - Chat and Place types - ?RIP LOL?  (Read 20355 times)

DD System V2.65    - Chat and Place types -

This mod does two major things. First there is the place types system, which allows to authenticate your server and assign it a three letter type code, like "TDM" or "RPG" and have the client be able to organize the servers by their types. Secondly it provides a full chat interface, with all the capabilities of an IRC client and more. It does not use the IRC protocol, instead it uses my own protocol used by personally developed server. It uses password authentication which puts an end almost completely to impersonation and all the drama surrounding it, and has additional commands with it.

The chat portion of this mod is a non-HTTP non-IRC style chat, I understand that Ephailtes is planning on releasing RTB V4, but I hope that this mod and it's chat will end up going in different directions, as they already have. Commands that you can use with the chat include "/join <roomname>" to join a chat room of <roomname>. Note that chat rooms do not need to be created, they just happen. Also there is "/ddpm <name> <message>" to send <message> to the person with name <name>. There will also be a "/rtbpm <name> <message>" to send <message> to a person even if they are using an IRC client, like RTB. There is also "/ping <name>" to get the ping from the chat server to that person. Sense the ping comes from the server and not the client, that means that the variations of the ping requester's bandwidth have no effect in the ping time.

You can also click on a user's name in the users list to get details of the server they are in and an option to join them in their server right there right then. There is also a command that server admins can use in their server "/connecttochatroom <name>" to connect their server's chat to a chat room, more info about this later. Also, "/killconnectiontochatroom" will destroy the server's connections one by one.

The place types part of this mod includes an addition to the GUI which enables players to sort though servers by the alphabetical order of the place types tag on each server. This tag can be set by a server's admin in the server with the command "/changeservertype <tag>" the <tag> must be less than four characters. Some good example tag's include: "TDM" for team death match, "JRP" for jail role play, "FRB" for free build, or "TST" for testing such as a beta add-on. The default tag is "UND" for undecided.

This mod does not overwrite or affect any mod, including RTB except for the place types GUI change, which might over write a very few select add-ons. In that case, there is a pref to disable the changes until I can get it to incorporate those add-ons features later, or just auto-disable itself. All passwords are stored in plain text along with all the prefs in the <blockland directory>\config\client\SYJ-DD folder as prefs.cs just in case you must retrieve them. It also optionally retrieves packets and chat messages in the chatlog.txt and packetlog.txt respectively. Before anyone says this is a cross post I would like to point out that the other thread in Mod Discussion is locked and left to fall, and that many other add-ons have a Mod Discussion thread before an Add-ons thread. And before anyone says 'no pix no clix' or whatever, I uploaded two pictures.

I and many others have tested all parts of this add-on and believe to have found all bugs and errors. If you happen to find one, simply post it here and I will fix it as soon as possible. As the testers of this mod have found, updates to the mod are rapid and very substantial, many new features are to come!

Many thanks to Tom/Polymer for help improving the GUI, Chrono for the Hostnames GUI and all my testers.

If the Server Search add-on or any others have been affected by this mod, simply disable the place types GUI part of this mod. To do that, click the options and uncheck "Use the place types GUI" checkbox, then restart Blockland. Thank you.

YOU NEED TO ENABLE THIS IN THE ADD-ONS LIST WHEN STARTING A SERVER FOR IT TO WORK

Download
This mod.

Changelog sense making this topic:

V 2.05 : The BL server accounts that start with SERVER no longer show up on userlists or messages.
V 2.15 : More updates for place types. Trying to get it working perfectly.
V 2.25 : Redid place types system, opens a new connection separate from chat to send type data.
V 2.35 : After testing, four people were able to get it to work, not just me. (place types part)
V 2.45 : /query and /announce added, some bug fixes implemented
V 2.50 : Apparently the server types broke again so I had to re-fix them. :/
V 2.60 : PM's have a separate sound which has it's own separate pref. Hostnames GUI addded.
V 2.65 : You can sort host names and server names alphabetically again.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 09:37:09 PM by DrenDran »

Wow, Nice. I like it. Alot.

Nice, you need a new interface for the chat though, looks too plain.

Does this mean that this is not compatible with the server host mod?
Other than that, nice, downloading

ephialates will kill you

Does this mean that this is not compatible with the server host mod?
Other than that, nice, downloading
As of current no, I had a tester who liked the chat part of this mod but wanted to keep that mod, so I added the easy pref. Just uncheck and restart BL for now.

ephialates will kill you
This will contain different features from RTB, and be completely compatible with or without it.

ephialates will kill you
That is if this gets enough Users. Hopfully this will.

If you put this on RTB, I'd download it.

You finally posted it :D

If you put this on RTB, I'd download it.
I doubt this should go on RTB. And why do people want things on RTB to download?

I doubt this should go on RTB. And why do people want things on RTB to download?
Because Mediafire is blocked for some people, like Me.

I like the mod :D

Edit: OH GOSH FILEFRONT!

I like the mod :D

Edit: OH GOSH FILEFRONT!

yes its filefront.
but its still nice you got my DL

Note that my Host Name joinGUI modification does not work properly with this add-on.