Author Topic: D&D: Why is it evil?  (Read 3634 times)

I have heard many rumors concerning the fact that Dungeons and Dragons can corrupt people, causes them (not their characters) to cast spells, and other EVILOLOLOL stuff. Is there anyone out there who actually believes this?
If so, why?

Haha.
Nope. Not that I know of.

Most likely just the nay-sayers.

I want to cast Magic Missile!

WHERE ARE THE CHEETOS?

I attack the darkness!

I have heard many rumors concerning the fact that Dungeons and Dragons can corrupt people, causes them (not their characters) to cast spells, and other EVILOLOLOL stuff. Is there anyone out there who actually believes this?
If so, why?

Heh heh. I DM a group of 9 players weekly. I honestly wish I could cast spells... but sadly it is not possible. I know of nothing in DnD that is evil. 98% of the time, the players are FIGHTING evil. It's no more evil than WoW or Runescape. The only difference is that while playing, you're also hanging out with your friends and you're not glued to a screen.

ROLL THE DICE TO SEE IF I'M GETTING DRUNK!
That video makes me want to parody that on Blockland :U

It's sad how well that video illustrates DnD... Except my players are clumsy and keep spilling their mt. dew.

It's actually a really fun game.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html
My favorite DnD webcomic. It actually pretty accurate.

I play/dm myself, and one group I was in was kicked out of the local library due to these rumors. Oots is amazing.

D&D over IRC. Oddly more enjoyable.

i live in the south. NOBODY commences in heretic witchcrafts such as D&D.

Hah people think this cannot corrupt people.
Look at Bender.