Author Topic: Computer acting up.  (Read 713 times)

So, my computer has my loving up for pass few day after I used a recovery CD to give myself admin on this thing, well after that it start having really annoying problems like when try to login it doesn't login and it gives me a message saying "RPC server is unavailable" or some other message and it try to login again but when type my password and it erases the password in the box and I can't do stuff so I reboot and it takes like 5 (or more) god damn reboots to finally login and then as soon as I login a message that pops up saying "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute", so when I FINALLY LOGIN WITHOUT THE DAMN MESSAGE, sometimes Google Chrome refusing to open and I checked task manager and I see something removing it process "Chrome.exe" and I am like wtf. please help.

Maybe something nasty in the startup list or an issue with your windows boot sequence?

This is a giant rush of non-information, and it's very hard to decipher.

In your clearest voice, you need to describe exactly what steps you took when you used the "Recovery CD" (and also give details about that CD too), and then I need the exact error messages (and more importantly any codes that come with them) for the problems you're having. It sounds like you've messed up a core Windows service, but I can't be sure without more evidence for/against.

This is a giant rush of non-information, and it's very hard to decipher.

In your clearest voice, you need to describe exactly what steps you took when you used the "Recovery CD" (and also give details about that CD too), and then I need the exact error messages (and more importantly any codes that come with them) for the problems you're having. It sounds like you've messed up a core Windows service, but I can't be sure without more evidence for/against.
Alright so I downloaded this recovery software named Trinity Recuse: http://trinityhome.org/Home/index.php?content=TRINITY_RESCUE_KIT____CPR_FOR_YOUR_COMPUTER&front_id=12&lang=en&locale=en burned it on CD and ran it on boot, then it load I pressed Enter and it load up the options I selected "Windows Password Resetting" and then I selected "Interactive Winpass", then it gave you 4 options, one of them said "Edit user data and passwords" and I selected that and then it asked me what user I wanted to edit, so I typed in my username and pressed enter, then it gave me another list of options and one of said "Promote user (make user an administrator)" and it then it said it promoted me to admin and it then I when back to main menu select reboot and then I logon in to see that I had admin, and this is when I started getting the errors and what I remember is sometimes I tried opening the file explorer and it then a message would pop saying it is "write protected" and the computer would just reboot automatically and then sometimes when I get the "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute" message and I tried clicking on some applications and it would remove itself and give me like a bunch of error messages in my face and when the everything on the taskbar would just remove itself and then the computer would reset and when I log back in, everything looks normal. Now the logining in issues, from what I remember the error messages I get is "RPC server is unavailable", "Remote procedure call has failed", "Profile could not load" or something and I forgot the last one. also, onetime when I was logging in it said "getting windows ready" and it loaded like the computer was new or something then I tried opening file explorer and it said it was "write protected" and just rebooted like 10 seconds later.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:56:25 PM by cooolguy32 »

Remote Procedure Call is embedded into a lot of Windows services; it's generally used to allow networking applications the ability to run functions/methods in other applications on other, networked devices, but it also has some useful functionality on your own local machine. Write Protected indicates that the file is locked to an account which you don't have credentials for. User profile cannot be loaded indicates that there was some issue loading your account data, possibly as bad as corruption (although sometimes caused by anti-virus running when you turn your PC on, but that's rare).

Sounds to me like you just made your User Account FUBAR and/or the disc itself is now locked which is preventing Windows and your applications from accessing data they need.

You have three options at this point:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 04:31:09 PM by McJob »