Author Topic: Can someone make a Shadows mod like v20?  (Read 1788 times)

You know?
The one that was on players and vehicles with no brick shaders?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:45:42 PM by Sp0nge80b »

You know?
uhhhh
no

I don't think there's anything shadow-related we had before that we're missing now

Anyways, I can't run shaders, but I can run shadows from v20.
And I kind of liked the low-quality.
Pic: (will add in OP )

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 05:44:31 PM by Sp0nge80b »

I don't see any (future) updates confirming Direct3D as a render option, I'd have to base a reason off this image from runescape.wikia.com.

Look at the way the water is rendered on the OpenGL side, kinda pureish, but if you think of water in a more realistic kinda way, then I see why Direct3D renders the water that way. Blockland isn't like Minecraft where you can Mod Shaders/Shadows (Forge Shader Mod), maybe OpenGL is easier to program with.

Blockteen, I'm just gonna come out and tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Also you can get the shading of the bricks of pre-V21 by switching to Minimum.

Blockland isn't like Minecraft where you can Mod Shaders/Shadows (Forge Shader Mod), maybe OpenGL is easier to program with.
Blockland is OpenGL.. But also in bold is wrong because you can make your own shaders and shadows in a way.

Blockteen, I'm just gonna come out and tell you that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Look I tried my best
Blockland is OpenGL.. But also in bold is wrong because you can make your own shaders and shadows in a way.
True, but to me, GLSL scripting is like impossible, looking at the code for renderCsm_frag.glsl, there's all these words and numbers that I just don't have the time to remember. Call me lazy if you want.

Also you can get the shading of the bricks of pre-V21 by switching to Minimum.

I mean also have the look of shaders off, but with shadows

I don't think this is possible, those shadows were a default feature of the Torque Game Engine, but Badspot ripped that from the game in favor of what we have now

Anyways, I can't run shaders, but I can run shadows from v20.
And I kind of liked the low-quality.
Pic: (will add in OP )

We already have a soft shaders but they don't run well unless you have a beefy computer. This wasn't really GSGL shaders, not really sure what this is, maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think this is possible, those shadows were a default feature of the Torque Game Engine, but Badspot ripped that from the game in favor of what we have now
This, when terrain was removed so was this, The new Shadows are code made by either Badspot, Kompressor or Rotondo, and are live shadows, Maps back then had pre-baked shadows that didn't move.

could someone find out what the shadows were pre-v21
player/vehicle shadows

could someone find out what the shadows were pre-v21
player/vehicle shadows
iirc they were mesh files

iirc they were mesh files

if then, is it possible to make a playertype and vehicle with the mesh shadows?

if then, is it possible to make a playertype and vehicle with the mesh shadows?
no, because the game will probably just ignore the files (or crash, maybe)