Author Topic: The War Z - New Zombie MMO similar to Day Z  (Read 1025 times)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:10:00 PM by HellsSpot »

link takes you to ign homepage

Can't they just make World War Z with Max Brook's permission?  They just stole the title and put "The" in front.  Is it that hard to ask Brooks?  

Looks interesting. I never really wanted to do Day Z because it looked really laggy and disjointed.

GOD DAMNIT

Only if I had 30.00 bucks

It's probably going to end up being extremely like you're typical MMO. But heres hoping for something good to come out of this.

It's probably going to end up being extremely like you're typical MMO. But heres hoping for something good to come out of this.
Well, you can expect it to be playable and non laggy then most of the times in Day Z lol. This game is basically just turning Day Z into a type of MMO, but with the same aspects.

Well, you can expect it to be playable and non laggy then most of the times in Day Z lol. This game is basically just turning Day Z into a type of MMO, but with the same aspects.
I've barely ever had problems with lag in DayZ. I play on decent servers. The large amount of bugs are it's biggest problem.
That's the biggest downfall of this idea. DayZ's map is 140 square miles. In a server with 90 people you're going to have a hell of a time not running into somebody. Chances are that person is going to kill you. They're going to need a bigger map if they plan on having 100-1000 players in a server. How are they going to do starting out? Spawn camping? It just don't see how they'll manage this all. But I'm sure they'll surprise me with either something really cool or really lame.

Also, just noticed this isn't in games.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:28:42 PM by uno_da_cat »

I've barely ever had problems with lag in DayZ. I play on decent servers. The large amount of bugs are it's biggest problem.
That's the biggest downfall of this idea. DayZ's map is 140 square miles. In a server with 90 people you're going to have a hell of a time not running into somebody. Chances are that person is going to kill you. They're going to need a bigger map if they plan on having 100-1000 players in a server. How are they going to do starting out? Spawn camping? It just don't see how they'll manage this all. But I'm sure they'll surprise me with either something really cool or really lame.
Well, they said the map would be 400-500 kilometers, but they hadn't got into the full details yet. They say that there will be quite a large amount of people on a server. Also, what I like about this MMO, is that there is no "pay to win" so there is no credit system or anything, so everyone gets a fair chance.

Well, they said the map would be 400-500 kilometers, but they hadn't got into the full details yet. They say that there will be quite a large amount of people on a server. Also, what I like about this MMO, is that there is no "pay to win" so there is no credit system or anything, so everyone gets a fair chance.
Even so, that map probably won't be large enough :I. Well, if this game plays out like DayZ does with bandits at least.

I'll believe that when I see it. Game Devs always claim "No pay to win" but that doesn't amount to much when the idea of serious cash settles in.

I'm skeptical because more often than not, projects that sound great end in extreme disappointment :c

Even so, that map probably won't be large enough :I. Well, if this game plays out like DayZ does with bandits at least.

I'll believe that when I see it. Game Devs always claim "No pay to win" but that doesn't amount to much when the idea of serious cash settles in.

I'm skeptical because more often than not, projects that sound great end in extreme disappointment :c

I honestly like the idea, but I can relate to you. I remember when DICE/EA said all DLC for BF3 will be free, then all the map packs cost $14.99

nothing on wether it's permadeath or not? Did I miss that part?

nothing on wether it's permadeath or not? Did I miss that part?
There are two modes, normal and hardcore. Hardcore has permadeath, normal you keep your items and everything.