Author Topic: Lighting thingy on vehicle.  (Read 501 times)

I know this is common and I know this probably happens with every vehicle and I'm trying to find a proper way of saying this but, well some parts of the boats have brighter or darker shades of the same color than others. I heard about flatshading and I don't know if that's it but I'll post pictures tomorrow. So, how would you make it so it's all one, nice, even shade. Sorry, can't put pictures til tomorrow (Friday).

Thanks.

~WhatevaGuy
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 10:01:21 PM by iownu424 »

Seriously? No one yet? I dont want to be one of those impatient noobs but, its been 18 hours.

What program are you using?

Judging by your previous topic I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're using Blender. I hear this problem is sometimes caused by transforming models in object mode.
To fix this go to edit mode, select the whole model, and press CTRL+N.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 05:24:27 PM by Tophius »

What program are you using?

Judging by your previous topic I'm gonna go ahead and assume you're using Blender. I hear this problem is sometimes caused by transforming models in object mode.
To fix this go to edit mode, select the whole model, and press CTRL+N.
Ok I'll try. Isn't there a keyboard shortcut to select all?

Do not do the control N thing unless your boat is a REALLY basic shape. Go into textured view mode and you will see empty spots. Go into edit mode and select the reversed faces and hit ctrl F to reverse them.

Do not do the control N thing unless your boat is a REALLY basic shape. Go into textured view mode and you will see empty spots. Go into edit mode and select the reversed faces and hit ctrl F to reverse them.
By empty spots do you mean invisible faces?

By empty spots do you mean invisible faces?
Yea, or commonly known as backfaces.

Yea, or commonly known as backfaces.
Thanks, will try now.

EDIT:: It worked, thanks! <3 heedi!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 08:54:44 PM by iownu424 »