Poll

Favorite car origins?

Domestic
119 (16.2%)
Import (Asian)
103 (14%)
European
158 (21.5%)
I don't have a car because I play blockland.
354 (48.2%)

Total Members Voted: 730

Author Topic: Car thread  (Read 851855 times)

SRT

Just saying but they changed it back to dodge, it's no longer a SRT viper, (unless it was a 2013-2014), then yes.

SWOGGITY SWIGGITY

are you loving serious

Just saying but they changed it back to dodge, it's no longer a SRT viper, (unless it was a 2013-2014), then yes.

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/viper/

so I just left the gas station

I came away from the pump spinning the tires and slid around the corner of the pump and holy stuff it was awesome. Tire smoke was about. Poor tires haha. Someone yelled,"You a dumbass!" in a female white trash accent lmao

if I ever get a gopro camera im gonna have so much fun

So tomorrow I might be getting my first car. My uncle offered to give me his '00 Buick Le Sabre, so I decided to take up the offer. Not really a car to be excited about, but I am anyway.

well, it's a car

you will have wheels :D

So tomorrow I might be getting my first car. My uncle offered to give me his '00 Buick Le Sabre, so I decided to take up the offer. Not really a car to be excited about, but I am anyway.
put some glasspacks on it

My uncle lives like 200 miles away near Bloomington, IL, so gonna have a lot of driving tomorrow (I have work on Wednesday morning, so won't be staying the night or anything).

well, it's a car

you will have wheels :D

Yeah that's the way I see it. There are also much worse cars out there. I'd probably prefer a two seat coupe, but driving a saloon car is okay.

Uh...no. At this point I doubt I would modify the car since my parents are saying I have to give it to my brother when I get a different car.

forget glasspacks

get flowmaster 40s if anything

Check engine light came on in my Malibu. Did some research and it's most likely the EGR valve is having issues. Just over $200 to fix. Occasionally makes the car run funny, most likely causing it to misfire occasionally. Not sure when to stop putting money into this car if ever. I've put so much in it now and it's such a reliable well maintained beater which I'll be needing for a 50 mile round trip school commute the next few years. So far I've replaced...

4 new tires (Toyota Extensas)
Gotten 4 snow tires for winters (Firestone Winterforces)
New struts at all four corners
New control arms with ball joints and bushings
Replaced rusty noisy muffler
New fuel filter
New valve cover gaskets
New head gaskets
Transmission lines twice
Transmission flush + filter
Oil pan gasket
Water pump
New front pads and rotor and brake fluid flush
Millions of alignments
Outer tie rod end
One wheel bearing
New battery
New alternator
New injector rings
New serpentine belt
New window switch on drivers door

Probably more but who knows. I also want to redo carpet at some point. Maybe.

She's a winter beater and a delivery car so she has a rough life. She's at 185k now.

At a jobsite earlier today, and the dealership across the street had at least 2 Ferraris  (a 458 I think and something else), and Audi R8, a Maseriati, and like at least 5 if not more Porches.

It was a Volvo dealership, and I saw like 2 or 3 Volvos there, lol.

Oh, and the jobsite was a garage that some people bought to store some of their cars in... Seeing as one of my coworkers thought he heard that they paid around $200k for this building that needs a crapload of work, I bet some pretty nice cars are going to be stored there, lol.

don't drive drowsy.

4am, driving home friends who were forgeted up (i wasn't but i was falling asleep) and i backed up into a car being careless.

:(

don't drive drowsy.
4am, driving home friends who were forgeted up (i wasn't but i was falling asleep) and i backed up into a car being careless.
:(
I fell asleep driving on the interstate during an 8-hour drive and rear-ended someone lol
in my mom's boyfriend's mini cooper s
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:16:58 PM by Foxscotch »

I fell asleep driving on the interstate during an 8-hour drive and rear-ended someone lol
in my mom's boyfriend's mini cooper s
i have to blast my music and get up and stand outside of my car at red lights to not fall asleep. I drive home from racing/meets all the time at around 4-7am

yesterday night i raced 2 honda civic hatches and a 350z. There's a road that's really loving long that goes through a couple rural areas and urban areas. Starts in my town and heads all the way out to boca, which is a solid hour and there are a lot of farms and stuff there. Hardly any police in the rural area so there's almost always a car that's willing to race there.

i was listening to eurobeat because initial d and at around here i signaled my hazards in front of the civics. i left them behind by a long shot. We circled making uturns on the road a couple times. Wasn't fun, so I kept braking so they could keep up with me. but almost perfect in sync with the mix at here the 350z turned on to the road and chased after us as well.

it was the most euphoric moment i have ever had in my car ever. I wish I was recording :( but holy forget that was a lot of fun. the 350z was turbocharged and was able to keep up with me easy. he eventually passed me and i let go of the gas because we were entering an urban area so i was sure there was police somewhere around there, my anxiety forgeted with me so i was like "nah". Made a u-turn and went home, and after 2 minutes of waiting at the light in the turning lane, the two hondas flew by me. i wish i could experience it again.

EDIT: What's a nice radar detector I should invest in? I don't want to end up with a ticket one day :(
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:32:05 PM by Skateaton »

My car. Just got it yesterday and have since driven it 250 miles.

Several issues with it. Some of them might cause it to fail inspection but I don't know yet. There's a thumping sound whenever I make a hard left turn or when I apply the brakes. My uncle seems to think the left tie rod might need to be replaced. Other issues are that the driver window motor and probably the cable is broken, since the window needs a piece of wood wedged in it so that it won't fall into the door. The cassette player's eject button will constantly try to eject a tape even if there isn't one in there but if I don't press it then it won't happen (and I never listen to tapes...). The area around the gas tank has rusted right through the fender, so the whole fender will need to be replaced sometime, and there is a yellow light that says "SECURITY" on the dashboard that will sometimes turn on when the car is started. My uncle also told me that the carpet in the trunk is sometimes moist after it rains, but it was raining this morning and it wasn't wet at all. The carpeting on the ceiling near the back window is starting to hang but glue or tape will fix that.

Except for the thumping noise and the window, everything else should be fine and don't need instant fixing. The car has the best power steering I've ever used, working power seats (my family hasn't owned a car with power seats in 6 or 7 years), radio controls on the steering wheel, and very cold A/C for the summer. Also worthy of noting are the "moon rover tires". They are so thick and seem to be the reason for the smooth ride.